Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prepping for my first track day, removed street plastics to mount race body work, and now have a check engine light on. Is it normal for check engine light to come on after all the street stuff is disconnected? No issues until today.

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
More info would help. Bike? Year?

My guess its an 06+ r6r. You probably disconnected the air duct in the center that mounts between the fairing stay and fairing.

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
what did remove or unplug. that's gotta be it

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I unplugged everything that was connected to the headlight fairing and brake light. I don't see anything that connects to the ram air duct. Is there a duct sensor that I might have disconnected?

·
m3lover2
10,527 Posts
I unplugged everything that was connected to the headlight fairing and brake light. I don't see anything that connects to the ram air duct. Is there a duct sensor that I might have disconnected?
There's an air temp sensor...

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
If you're keeping your headlights in there you can just take the fuse out instead of unplugging the headlights :fact otherwise what Alex said. There's only two small plugs for the headlights plus two connectors and the wire for the third eye. So have just those unplugged.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts