Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the process of removing the horn? Its that little grey circular piece underneath the headlights when you look underneath the front of the bike.

The reason I wantt to remove it is because it seems as when I put my triple tree stand on, the horn is resting on the stand for most of the weight. Everytime I remove it, it has a big ass dent in the rubber. Sometimes I think the pin isn't in the triple tree all the way because of it.

Think I should worry about it?

·
I'D RATHER BE RIDING
502 Posts
Anybody know the process of removing the horn? Its that little grey circular piece underneath the headlights when you look underneath the front of the bike.

The reason I wantt to remove it is because it seems as when I put my triple tree stand on, the horn is resting on the stand for most of the weight. Everytime I remove it, it has a big ass dent in the rubber. Sometimes I think the pin isn't in the triple tree all the way because of it.

Think I should worry about it?
Take off the little black fairings over the front wheel. Then there should be two bolts and two little slip on connectors. Remove them and it should come off. If your in an inspection state just make sure you put it on for the inspection. I think you might be required to have a horn. I say if it bothers you, take it off or just visually make sure the pin is in. I have never used a horn on a motorcycle, just sayin.:)

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take off the little black fairings over the front wheel. Then there should be two bolts and two little slip on connectors. Remove them and it should come off. If your in an inspection state just make sure you put it on for the inspection. I think you might be required to have a horn. I say if it bothers you, take it off or just visually make sure the pin is in. I have never used a horn on a motorcycle, just sayin.:)
same, i just rev my bike to either tell them to go, or when i'm passing traffic so they know theres a bike in the area.

i didn't think about if the horn is required, i'll double check. but I'll also see how easy it is to remove.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
same, i just rev my bike to either tell them to go, or when i'm passing traffic so they know theres a bike in the area.

i didn't think about if the horn is required, i'll double check. but I'll also see how easy it is to remove.
yea i would check on the laws in your state so you dont create a problem for yourself when you try to re-register.
I know here in TX you are required to have a horn, i have heard stories of people putting on a bicycle horn on their handlebars for inspection and passing with just that though haha.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
soo that black plastic piece is pretty much connected to the whole front fairing. i have to take off the whole headlight cowling right? just to remove that black piece to get to the horn?

cause i took out the 4 little pins on it, and i saw it was like a whole piece that's connected.

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
soo that black plastic piece is pretty much connected to the whole front fairing. i have to take off the whole headlight cowling right? just to remove that black piece to get to the horn?

cause i took out the 4 little pins on it, and i saw it was like a whole piece that's connected.
I did this the other day and it is very simple to do. All you need to do is disconnect the horn and there are two allen bolts you need to remove. We stripped one so we got the dremel out :laugh. Very simple to remove and yes...the whole black bracket comes completely off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts