Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i have to cut the wires in order to remover the turn signals? im making my own fenger eliminator, and i was talking the OEM "mudflap" off. i thought the turnsignals would have a plug.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
yep, gotta cut...

At the factory the builders routed the wires through all these lil holes, than soldered the ends up to stuff that cant fit through all the holes

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
do i have to cut the wires in order to remover the turn signals? im making my own fenger eliminator, and i was talking the OEM "mudflap" off. i thought the turnsignals would have a plug.

i cut myne off and after i was done i noticed that YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT THE SIGNAL WIRES OFF... YOU CAN UN CLIP THEM. THE CLIPS ARE LOCATED UNDER REAR SEAT. make sure u leave the break light clipped in tho.

·
I heart my R6
464 Posts
just cut at the very end and pull it outa all the stock fender, that way you will have tons of slack to work with. So if you screw it up somehow you have extra wire to work with

·
Registered
324 Posts
i cut myne off and after i was done i noticed that YOU DONT HAVE TO CUT THE SIGNAL WIRES OFF... YOU CAN UN CLIP THEM. THE CLIPS ARE LOCATED UNDER REAR SEAT. make sure u leave the break light clipped in tho.

Agreed! ^^^ i did this the first day i had my bike made my own fender elminator too. they unclip and you can fish them through without cutting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts