Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I'm new to this forum stuff, so i'm not sure if this is the right place to post. I bought an 09 R6, bought my flush mount turn signals and can't figure out how to remove the factory turn signals. I removed the plastic piece inside the fairing by the forks. i can see it, but no bolts or nothing. any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Take the fairing off the turn signal is attached too. Unplug factory signal. Undo rubber grommet from black plastic clip from the back of the turn signal. Pull factory signal out of fairing.

·
Impossible is Nothing.
4,278 Posts
they are held on by a black plastic clip, i just took some pliers and snapped the clip, and the signals should fall out...ill try and find a pic.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Yeah just take off the plastic clip, it won't just fall out. The ends are bigger to stop it from falling out.

Just squeeze it together or use pliers, vise grips etc. and carefully pull it out. The end is made out of rubber so you can squeeze em.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all, got them off, and got my new flushmounts in, I was trying to be too lazy and not wanting to take off my side fairings but i had to.

·
Registered
673 Posts
personally i prefer using a hammer

·
Live Strong
7 Posts
I'm new too. Honestly, I'd prefer to have the alien arms sticking outboard from my R6. I'll rather have all the help I can being visibile on the highway at 5:30 in the morning. To each their own.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not new to riding, just the forums. a lot of times it doesn't matter how many lights you have, people still don't see you. maybe if they weren't sucked in to the screens of their phones.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm not new to riding, just the forums. a lot of times it doesn't matter how many lights you have, people still don't see you. maybe if they weren't sucked in to the screens of their phones.
I agree.. No matter what you have on ur bike , people will still cut u off, or get over in ur lane when you look at their eyes and they look at u, but somehow they dont see you..
Its bullshit. But it really doesnt matter what u have.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm new too. Honestly, I'd prefer to have the alien arms sticking outboard from my R6. I'll rather have all the help I can being visibile on the highway at 5:30 in the morning. To each their own.
I had the same thought. After some searching here though and finding out a lot of flush mounts sit rather deep into the fairing. I found the CustomLED option and they worked out quite nice. The look is somewhat dated, but they sit out farther and are quite visible from all around. Especially the front. But, as stated above.. people still don't pay attention. Ride like they are out to kill you.

·
Live Strong
7 Posts
Nice Bimmer. I work at the Manufacturing Plant in Spartanburg, SC. I'm interning within the Geometric Integration/Total Vehicle Validation Department... (aka Mechanical Engineering) We build the X5, X6 and the new baby of the US, the X3 2011 model year. It's true... you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice Bimmer. I work at the Manufacturing Plant in Spartanburg, SC. I'm interning within the Geometric Integration/Total Vehicle Validation Department... (aka Mechanical Engineering) We build the X5, X6 and the new baby of the US, the X3 2011 model year. It's true... you get what you pay for!
Thanks! Quick OT. Used to work for a BMW dealer, at the body shop, years back. I have always wanted to do the M-Experience (double track days) they have down there -- not to mention tour the plant. Sounds like a ton of fun down there. :D

·
Live Strong
7 Posts
It's a ton of work. The fun parts, are expensive... even at an associate's cost.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts