Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will soon be removing my swingman to get it powdercoated. I have the service manual but wanted to hear from any of you that have done it to see if there are any tips or helpful advice that may save me some headaches and time.

One thing that concerns me is the spring - do you have to compress it in the removal process?

Does it matter if you unbolt the upper shock mount first or last?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could read the manual first............. Then if you have questions... Ask..
Hete is my advice to you smartass rreread my post "especially there part that says I have the manual". I have read it thus my ****ing questions. Thanks again Richard. Must be nicer to be a ****ing know it all and beneath you to help someone who had a simple question. I sincerely hope you need assistance with your bike one day and you get zero assistance. Why couldn't you just have hit the backbutton asshole

·
m3lover2
10,495 Posts
And to come back at you.... Reread your own post ... And show me where you said you've read the manual. Having it is not the same as reading it.

The sand must be causing some great discomfort in your vagina and a bitch to wash out. Good luck

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts
And to come back at you.... Reread your own post ... And show me where you said you've read the manual. Having it is not the same as reading it.

The sand must be causing some great discomfort in your vagina and a bitch to wash out. Good luck
I have the print and pdf manual for the Ducati and I have never opened either. Never.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,797 Posts

·
Meh
9,231 Posts
I will soon be removing my swingman to get it powdercoated. I have the service manual but wanted to hear from any of you that have done it to see if there are any tips or helpful advice that may save me some headaches and time.

One thing that concerns me is the spring - do you have to compress it in the removal process?

Does it matter if you unbolt the upper shock mount first or last?
I assume you're talking about the spring on the shock? Just remove the shock all together. It's all of 2 bolts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thanks. I will keep you in my thoughts due to how insightful all your advice and help is on this site.

·
Meh
9,231 Posts
Ok. Wasnt clear on that part of the procedure and how the spring played a part in it. Thank you.
Normally the "tricky" part is getting load off the shock (ie, supporting the bike via the rearsets, or some part of the frame besides swingarm spools), but since you're planning on removing the whole swingarm, I'm assuming you've got that figured out already.

Not sure about the 1st gens, but the 2nd gens you can get at the top mounting bolt without removing anything but maybe the rear brake reservoir. The 3rd gens you've got to pull the tank and remove the whole shock clevis (u-shaped mount that the top of the shock sits in). Either way, it's really straightforward. Just have to have the bike supported in a way that there's no weight on the swingarm.

·
Reads the rulez
2,247 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.