Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do u take it off!? especially the middle clip?

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
my 06 had two screws and a clip holding it. with the clip you just push the center in and you'll see how it separates once you do that. and with the screws the one hiding behind the sprocket was a bit of a pita to get to but nothing crazy.

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i feel like a dumbshit again cuz i knew i only had to push the middle thing to take it off!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, thanks buddy lol

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im having problems putting my middle bolt back on, on the rear hugger now, i have a competition werkes fender elim. and its almost impossible to get on!

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay.......................the one behind the sprocket........ how the heck did you get that off without taking off the tire.......

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
lol. roll the bike until it gives you the best opening at it. it wasn't a straight shot but enough to grab a bite out of the screw.

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have it on a bike stand right now, ill be back in 5 min lol

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
I had to pull the tire off... FYI, you will get chain lube/wax on your gear... I threw mine back on cause i bought a white jacket.

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
I've noticed. I took mine off last week. I cleaned the bike off yesterday and if this becomes a weekly thing or more it's going back on.

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is it hard to take the tire off? and allign it back correctly?

i cant get that allen in there right

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
can u buy short allen wrenches or are they all the same size?

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
No, its simple... Eaasier with 4 hands but can easily be done with 2. The first time is a pain buit after that its cake. Its something thats good to know regardless how to do.

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
I used the long end and came in from the other side of the bike. it was a pita working with both hands between the wheel spokes, I was only able to turn the screw like 1/10th each time I was able to get a bite on it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I've noticed. I took mine off last week. I cleaned the bike off yesterday and if this becomes a weekly thing or more it's going back on.

Lube your chain after your ride, let sit for a couple hours, after that take a rag with WD40 sprayed on in and then spin your chain trough the rag several passes...you might see some over spray of chain lube but not much.... the key is to lube your chain after a ride...:)

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so whats this alligning of the rear tire then? if i take it off should i get it realigned??? i never taken the tire off before thats why im asking...

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Lube your chain after your ride, let sit for a couple hours, after that take a rag with WD40 sprayed on in and then spin your chain trough the rag several passes...you might see some over spray of chain lube but not much.... the key is to lube your chain after a ride...:)
That helps, but does not solve the problem. I always wax my chain after a ride and let it sit over night, i still got spots on my new jacket which i wasnt happy about.

If you use WD40 or any lube that shit flies right off, its much better to use wax that way it can seat into your o-rings etc.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Use a tape measure and the lines on the adjuster to get both sides in sync and make sure your chain has the right tension. It will get tighter once you set it down and tighten the rear axle all the way. The owners manual spells it out pretty well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That helps, but does not solve the problem. I always wax my chain after a ride and let it sit over night, i still got spots on my new jacket which i wasnt happy about.

If you use WD40 or any lube that shit flies right off, its much better to use wax that way it can seat into your o-rings etc.
WD40 is not good for the O-Rings anyways. Use Kerosene to clean then buy that stuff they sell at Yamaha in the can and spray on. It doesn't fly up on me.

·
07 Charcoal R6
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gosh i dont want to remove the rear wheel.......... im scared

·
Registered
592 Posts
Okay I have been riding a street bike since 1976, I know I don't know shit...may not be the way the internet says to do it but it will work..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts