Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does it come off? I need to replace the broken one I have and I can't figure out how to remove it. I have only the peg itself. I need to remove the pin that it swings upwards on. The other side is held on by a cotter pin. The right side is totally different. It looks to be some sort of rivet or something. How do I remove the peg itself from the mount :?:

·
Registered
25 Posts
If your talking about the right side, your probably going to have to drill it out. I broke mine also and basically used a hand drill and a very thin drill bit to work my way through. Your probably going to need a replacement bolt after doing so. The left bolts should be the same as the right. Don't ask why it's made that way either. I still ask myself the same question.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was pissed when I changed mine out as well. I used a dremel and grinded the rivet off then the pin came right out. Make sure you go and buy another pin and cotter pin first. I just bought the one for the left side and it worked great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i got it off. the dealer cut it off and replaced the pin with a cotter pin for $5

easier than breaking out the dremel and doing it myself :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
i broke my right peg too.. i dunnoe about dremel the thing off tho.. there's a hex screw behind the rearset. you gotta unscrew the the rearset and there's a hex screw.. it might be hard to budge it at first because there's locktite on the screw.. might need an extra pair of hands.. someone to hold the rearset and someone to turn that hex screw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts