Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Selling a set of lightly used 50mm Renthal Clip Ons. Never down, only a couple trackdays on them. Light marks where everything mounts up, and there are holes drilled for the throttle and kill switch on the right bar, but the left isn't drilled. I'll also be tossing in some Renthal grips:

I can't remember what I paid so let's start at $120 obo to your door since it looks like they are about $145-170ish new.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long are the bars?
Not sure. Whatever they normally come with?

Here are some pictures I already have to give you an idea. Currently trapped at "work"

The inner end of the bar is flush with the clip on bracket:

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dropped the price to $120 shipped since these are about $145 new on ebay.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yo RC, how'd you set up your turn switch mount thingy majig? Mine looks cheap as shit compared to how you have yours set up lol.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
oh, i have mine wired up already. I just like how you have yours mounted to the top triple. How'd you go about doing it?

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, i have mine wired up already. I just like how you have yours mounted to the top triple. How'd you go about doing it?
I just had a carbon fiber sample thing from an old job laying around. I just cut it to match the shape of the round part of the triple that goes around the ignition, then glued it in place.

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, they will fit a 2012. All Renthal clip-ons have a 7 degree angle.

·
Registered
42 Posts
was the last picture taken at ridge?

·
nom nom nom nom nom nom
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They don't come pre-drilled. These (and most clip-ons) are universal, so they aren't going to come drilled since different bikes need holes in different places.

You can either drill the holes, or do what some people do and take a dremel and knock down the studs that protrude off the switches and throttle. You just have to make sure you get them good and tight. I've done it before and added some 3m outdoor double sided tape (the gray stuff, which is more of a putty and less of foam than the white stuff) between the bar and switch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts