Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often should you repack a pipe? Set number of miles or just when it starts getting loud and raspy? I know Two Bros sound different then most pipes but it's starting to get ridiculous.

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it make a performance difference or is it just the sound that changes?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was totally thinking about something completely unrelated to what you were implying :sing
Was waiting for someone to say it.

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
i was totally thinking about something completely unrelated to what you were implying :sing
i see you i see you :stupic

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
glad i wasnt the only one! not that i didnt think that there weren't plenty of fellow - well never mind, im just not alone on this is what i was trying to say
im about to go indulge right now

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
Does it make a performance difference or is it just the sound that changes?
Not really, As long as it is packed right it will be fine, but if it is loose thats when you will run into issues....Really you should just buy a new can that is not a hunk of crap like 2 Bros :D

EDIT: HA HA HA HA About all the weed jokes in here :~| :nono

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Oh shit! I should have came across this thread last night.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
How often should you repack a pipe? Set number of miles or just when it starts getting loud and raspy? I know Two Bros sound different then most pipes but it's starting to get ridiculous.
Whenever it sucks through or when it becomes that little black ball of crappy tasting funk.... Make sure to clean thuroughly and repack with high quality packing...:fact

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Whenever it sucks through or when it becomes that little black ball of crappy tasting funk.... Make sure to clean thuroughly and repack with high quality packing...:fact
Definitely only use HIGH quality packing! Low quality can be hazardous to your health as well as others.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
I shortened my stock pipe on my 03. Can I just shove more re-packing shit in the pipe to quiet it down?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Definitely only use HIGH quality packing! Low quality can be hazardous to your health as well as others.
Yes, according to the surgeon general, HIGH quality packing is the only safe choice when choosing material for packing your pipe. You may also want to check the packing on your waterpipes as well....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts