Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post here and I wish could post under more positive circumstances but some @ssh___ dropped my 2006 R6 while trying to steal it or while they were just casually sitting on it while it was in my garage. I’m not too sure as they put the bike back on the kick stand when they left and the ignition is still intact?

Anyways as for the damage, I’ve got a scratched ducktail (the lug where you screw it to the undertail is also snapped on the LHS, scratched mid/side fairing (where it says R6), scratched lever, mirror and bar end and also the piece that goes under the aux light (between the headlight/on top of the ram air tunnel) looks like it has been snapped on both sides of the aux light but the ‘cracks’ look identical?

So im trying to fix everything now and wanted to know, how do you get that fairing piece under aux light off? I’ve never seen them for sale as part of nose fairing kits? Is it a separate bit of fairing?

Also my clutch lever now hits my LHS fairing on full turn. How do I tell if the actual clip on handle bar is bent or if it's just the lever (and/or its bracket) is bent or pushed down? The metal looking part that looks like ‘>’ and holds the clutch slack adjuster in place is also touching the bottom of where the clip on bolts on to the fork. I’m assuming I could just loosen the bracket that holds the clutch to the handle bar and adjust the ‘height’ again but need reassurance that the clip on isn’t bent as well?

Also, I had old carpet on the floor of my garage. Would that stop fairings from being scratched when the bike dropped? Trying to work out if they actually dropped it outside my garage or inside.

It has to be the worse feeling walking to the garage and seeing your bike damaged or missing cos of someone else...

Sorry if I’ve posted in the wrong section.

Thanks in advance people!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
damn man shitty first post :nono
Welcome to the forum though and glad to hear you still got the bike. This really sounds like someone you know wanted to sit on it and dropped it then did not want to pay for the damages they caused..
I am having a hard time understanding what exacly is cracked/damaged so if you could get some pic's it would help a lot.
And yes if its dropped on carpet it will still scratch, i had my dad pull in my bike from the driveway one time as i was in a rush, we have thick old carpeting from inside the house layed down in the garage, he forgot to put down my kickstand and dropped the bike on its side, scratched up the whole left side on the mid and tail fairing, nose fairing also scratched just a little and my bar end looked like i just lowsided.. so yea, 400lbs gettin dropped on its side is gonna cause some damage regardless of the surface.
I plan on sanding it down and repainting the bike, cheaper then buying all new fairings, so if your shits not cracked i would suggest the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a pic of the crack/damage. It's exactly the same on both sides of the light.

Sorry out the bad quality, pretty crap lighting in the garage.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts