Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement to the stock R6/R1 clutch perch. I HATE that the stock perch only gives you one bolt and you have to take the entire clip-on apart to get the perch off. I'm looking for a perch with two clamping bolts that also fits the stock lever.

I don't want to spend a ton of cash on this either. I really don't want the CRG perch+lever, nor do I want the GYTR perch+lever (that one doesn't fit the stock lever.)

I'm considering simply replacing the entire perch and lever with a generic MX lever and perch, but I'd like to retain the stock lever if possible.

Anybody have any tips? Thanks folks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lighttech. but it's major mula. i have a stock perch with a CRG if you're interested. a little rash but i'll sell it cheap
So you're sure that lightech perch fits the stock lever? I'm having some trouble finding it on oppracing's site (even google can't find "perch"). Do you by chance have a part number or a link? I'm not sure I want to get it because I'm sure its big $$$, but I'd like to find it just in case I come into some extra cash.

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
Maybe not exactly what you want but since you mentioned MX levers. you could always go with a MSR raptor EZ pull for about $40 or you could spend about $90 and get a badass RSC clutch. The RSC is probably the strongest clutch lever available all kinds of options for finishing and such if you contact them and it's got butter pull. Both have a type of perch you want.

MSR raptor EZ pull

RSC with the bling finish, there is also bead blasted, plain and other anodized options avilable.

Blue finish

This link will show a couple more color options.
http://www.righteousstuntmetal.com/setups.html

Oh yea and he has short and long levers.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
So you're sure that lightech perch fits the stock lever? I'm having some trouble finding it on oppracing's site (even google can't find "perch"). Do you by chance have a part number or a link? I'm not sure I want to get it because I'm sure its big $$$, but I'd like to find it just in case I come into some extra cash.
i don't think you'll find an aftermarket perch that'll fit a stock lever. try searching for lightech... one "t".

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I would just swap on an mx perch and lever. You can get one for like $20 or cheaper off ebay. They all fit 7/8" bars and if you have the perch and lever, you dont have to worry about the stock lever. Also, you could probably flip your stock lever and perch and offset the cost to nothing. just saying.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

BTW: whats a clutch switch???

They're probably talking about the kill switch for the engine.

Thanks to everybody for the tips!

For now I'll probably install an old CR lever and perch I've got laying around from my MX days. It looks like it bends the cable at a bit of an odd angle near the barrel, but I'll just keep an eye on it. If the cable begins to fray I'll replace it and figure something else out.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
yah the ASV one is an option. You will need to to put a switch on there for the clutch wires on the bottom side. You'll need to rig something up like that for most all clutches that ditch the oem perch.
Or just pull the switch off and start it in neutral every time:fact

·
R6 Junkie
2,534 Posts
I thought of getting that ASV setup but never did, because supposedly ASV was going to be releasing some all new and great stuff this summer but I never heard of anything happening?

So speaking of which Corey what ever came of that?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.