Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. On the weekend I discovered that the custom alloy intake on my race bike is broken, right at the top where it mounts to the frame, so I'm looking for a replacement unit, either alloy or carbon, and preferably within a decent price range.

I've seen this Pro-Fiber R6 Carbon Intake, so interested if anyone knows how good they are, and if anyone can point me to a good option

Cheers,

David

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,253 Posts
Link worked, for me.

But I have no experience with that unit. Looks cool for a track bike, though....a bit expensive for a piece that will likely be damaged in the first wreck you have. Alloy would be more easily bent back into approximate shape so your day could continue. That CF piece wouldn't bend, and when it snapped, your day is, most likely, done unless you have a spare.

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Nunn shall pass
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't just get your broken one welded?
It's a possibility, I suppose, but I'm concerned that with the break so close to the edge of the unit that a fix may not last. It looks to have already been repaired once.

The other thing is that as a non-Dutch speaker living in Amsterdam, it is a little difficult for me to find these services. I don't know any racers close to me, but will put some feelers out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts