Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, my brake light has a lame R6 stencil sticker on it from the previous owner, I ordered a new one off ebay for just $19, but I am confused as to how to remove light and install the new brake light.

Any help is greatly appreciated, :bow
Thanks

Attachments

·
Eh?
322 Posts
Can't you just peel off the sticker?

From what I remember of my '04, take the tail plastics off and there are 3 plastic rivets that hold the tail light on, plus the connector of course. Pretty simple and straightforward to swap it, shouldn't take more than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i think you have to remove both seats then the passenger pegs and the just un screw the tail fairings its really easy. start buy removing the seats then just look for all the screws its mostly common sense but if u try and cant get it i will go out to my bike and snap a few bad iphone pics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys, it looks like the underside of the tail comes off in one long piece. There are 8 plastic rivets (4 on each side) that pop open when you use a flat heat screwdriver or a long fingernail. \

Heres what i'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Eh?
322 Posts
Yeah, take the rivets out and remove the tail plastics, then you should be able to see how to remove the brake light.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thanks for the input guys, it looks like the underside of the tail comes off in one long piece. There are 8 plastic rivets (4 on each side) that pop open when you use a flat heat screwdriver or a long fingernail. \

Heres what i'm talking about.
Using a screwdriver can scratch up your paint/plastics.....you just push in the center pin on the rivet and it then pops out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts