Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, retrieved my stolen bike a few weeks ago, began to put it back together, trying to replace the front brake tube on the master cylinder. I would appreciate any info I can get. 2006 R6

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,049 Posts
Yamaha doesn’t sell it separately, but it’s the same as a Ducati 999, and they sell it. You can also get them from kurveygirl.com They sell Brembo parts. Don’t worry, the website name sounds fishy, but it’s legit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yamaha doesn’t sell it separately, but it’s the same as a Ducati 999, and they sell it. You can also get them from kurveygirl.com They sell Brembo parts. Don’t worry, the website name sounds fishy, but it’s legit.
Thanks I already got the part from curvy girl, but can’t remove the damaged tube from the front brake cylinder..

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,049 Posts
On the second gen, it has a c-clip under the dust boot. I don’t recall that the 3rd gen has it. From what I’ve heard it is just a tight fit, and it’s a biotch to get in or out. Getting it out will require some muscle. Getting the new one in might require making a tool by slotting a socket to use to drive it in. It’s probably best if you have the MC off and work on a vise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts