Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my right foot beg and i noticed that its held by a rivet. Is this something I can fix easily at home or do I have to take it to the dealer? the dealer wants to charger me 42.50 just to put a new peg on.... seems kind of expensive. Also why doesn't yamaha just use a cotter pin on the right foot peg like the left?

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can drill out the rivet, put in a new peg and fasten it with a nut/bolt/loctite set up.

Or do what I did. But a used right rear set for cheap (prob ~$20). Disassemble your new rearset, the spring/peg assembly comes off as a whole. Remove your old rearset from your bike, and swap out the peg assemblies.

Might sound a bit goofy reading it, but it's really easy when you see it in person. Skip the dealer, buy a used rearset, swap the pegs, and save the spare parts for the future.

EDIT: It might help to know that the peg assembly and brake pedal are fastened to the rear set by a bolt on the inside of the set. Easy to unbolt when you remove the rearset, you can still leave it attached to the rear master cylinder.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
just drill the rivet out of the factory rear set

·
Registered
4 Posts
Step 1: Remove right rear set
Step 2: Remove allen bolt on the back of the rear set going through to the foot peg. Replacements from yamaha for like 40 bucks.
Step 3: Your done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts