Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
replacing stock bearings

if anyone reading this has done it, what bearings are recommended to replace the stock bearings? are there "race" bearings?
also, does anyone know where i can find a how to on this project or just some helpful tips when i take apart the head and replace the bearings?

thanks for your help

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Hey I actually just replaced my upper and lower triple tree's earlier tonight. I cleaned my bearings up good with solvent and repacked em with sum good grease.
I got it all back together, but I still need to get it all torqued to spec and I'm waiting on a spanner wrench.
It's really easy to do if you can remember the order of how all the parts go on.
If you don't have a service manual I recommend you get one because it will make it alot easier.
As far as bearing go, check Ebay because there is alot of them on there at good prices.

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Well compared to what the service manual said I thought it was going to be alot harder, but it was cake. Just make sure you pack the bearings really good with grease and also put a light coating of grease on the whole steering stem to keep it from pitting since it is aluminum.
Make sure when you slide the lower triple on in that the bearing goes in straight.
Then put your upper bearing in and then the adjusting nut and just finger tighten it and double check that everything is straight and lined up.
It's really simple.
As far as torquing goes I'm just going to take a guess and then check to see how the steering feels and go from there. Just don't get it too tight otherwise it will bind up.

113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wrd man, thanks, ima do it this saturday, if i have any questions, do you have aim so that i can hit you up if you are online?

·
I Heart My R6!
392 Posts
Yea I do. AaronWhitt18. I'll be on tonight at 10PM.
If u need anything let me know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts