Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I ordered a set of Gregg's custom flushmounts. I'm a little confused after reading many posts on LED's.

If I connect the LED's to my existing turn signal wires the LED's should light up but flash really fast correct?

Now the question is. Do I need a new flasher relay or can I just use a resistor to add more load to the circuit and slow the flash rate. I have a set of Watsen Designs mini LED blinkers on the back and it included a resistor for slowing the flash rate. I should be able to do the same thing right?

If anyone here has Gregg's flushmounts, how did you wire them up? What resistor did you use?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
what bike you ridin'?? i've got an 03 R6 with Greggs flushies, I had to call Greggs to get the wiring right, but yes, they do flash quicker because as was stated to me, they use less power, and yes, you'd have to add a resister to slow the blink blink down, if you've got an R6, leave the blue wire alone, tape it, cap it, what ever but don't connect it to any of the other wires or you'll blow your headlight fuse. i just went installed my greggs last week. twist :cheers

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
flowrider said:
Ok so I ordered a set of Gregg's custom flushmounts. I'm a little confused after reading many posts on LED's.

If I connect the LED's to my existing turn signal wires the LED's should light up but flash really fast correct?

Now the question is. Do I need a new flasher relay or can I just use a resistor to add more load to the circuit and slow the flash rate. I have a set of Watsen Designs mini LED blinkers on the back and it included a resistor for slowing the flash rate. I should be able to do the same thing right?

If anyone here has Gregg's flushmounts, how did you wire them up? What resistor did you use?

Thanks for your help.
I have an eliminator in the back and Gregg's flushmounts in the front and my signals were freakin out. I put on the EL12 relay and then wired a single 20-watt 8-ohm resisitor between the ground wire and the flasher wire on each side. My blinkers are toight like a tiger now.
I also connected the blue wire to the red lead on the signal and the brown/green wire to the black wire on the signal, so it works as a running light and a signal. Good Luck!! :cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks twist and krom

Yeah I'm getting confused. For my Watsen Designs rears they included a resistor to wire in so those are fine. I'm hearing a lot about a new flasher relay to replace the old one. I'm confused because it seems to me that you don't need one if you have enough load (ie. resistor). Sooo confusing. I also have two 5 prong relays as well so I can wire them into running lights.

So do I cut out the Yami relay and replace it with the EL12?

·
Bacon is extra!
494 Posts
You don't even have to cut the relay out, just unplug it and make blade connectors to plug into the harness. Just pull up the seat and "de-click-ify" it. 5 minutes tops. It's freakin eZ :cheers

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
krom said:
You don't even have to cut the relay out, just unplug it and make blade connectors to plug into the harness. Just pull up the seat and "de-click-ify" it. 5 minutes tops. It's freakin eZ :cheers
Thanks Krom.
Next dumb question. where the hell is the relay under the seat? I'm assuming it's the little black box beside the bike's CPU? Has a 2 wire connection?

·
Registered
289 Posts
this is not exactly what you are looking for, but i used a relay so the greggs are on all the time, running lights, and flash when u hit the signal.

they look sick at night lit up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts