Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what ohm resistors I will need for my flushmounts, and do you wire them on the positive side or negative side? Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have been wondering myself. I know it doesnt matter which side to wire the resistors but most die hard electronics people say wire it to the positive side.

Through out my research everyone says just use about a 8 ohm resistorfrom radio shack. When I can get around to it I bough a set of misc resistors and just think, guess and test is the best bet. If you know someone in a engineering college they can probably get you a ton of different ones for free....

·
Ridn' Drty
575 Posts
I didnt even bother with a resistor when I put in my flushies and integrated tail, I like the fast blink rate

·
Registered
767 Posts
I didnt even bother with a resistor when I put in my flushies and integrated tail, I like the fast blink rate
:stupic My front signals are stock, but you can see my rear ones in my sig. My signals blink pretty quickly since i replaced the stockers, but it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
you only need resistors if you change out your OEM bulbs to LEDs, and even then, you only need them if you want them to flash at the "normal" rate. If the faster flashing rate doesn't bother you, don't install resistors.

gary

·
Registered
592 Posts
you only need resistors if you change out your OEM bulbs to LEDs, and even then, you only need them if you want them to flash at the "normal" rate. If the faster flashing rate doesn't bother you, don't install resistors.

gary

+1 I like mine to blink faster also, its for the same reason I flash my brake light several times as I pull to a stop, it gets the cell phone talking soccor moms to "see" me, U do what U do to survive on the mean streets...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts