Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
USC 2013 National Champs
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its a beautiful hot summer afternoon and im cruising down a newly paved highway loving every minute of it, when i decide i better check my helmet wind vents cause its getting hot as balls in here. So i take my right hand off and begin to go around my helmet making sure they are all open. As i bring my hand back to the bars and go to grab some throttle i get nothing. I try it again, no response, zilch, zip, nadda, nothing. Now im pulling the clutch in, shifting around, freaking out cause im going 80 down this highway with a dead bike... After 10 seconds of panic i realize as i brought my hand back to the throttle i hit the kill switch by accident... Idiot... So from there i proceed to restart my bike going 80 and act like nothing happened..:flex:

This ever happen to you guys?

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
never happened to me... I use my left hand to check the vents... or I check them before riding :poke

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
happened to me in a corner..so i just coasted the corner with the clutch pulled in and then restarted while moving

·
Ya wheelies is garbage!
5,935 Posts
happened to me in a corner..so i just coasted the corner with the clutch pulled in and then restarted while moving
That's no bueno. That could have easily ended bad due to the fact your cornering is heavily weighted on the power of the motor. At least you didn't drift out wide and hit a curb, guardrail, car or something.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
I will sometimes reach over and red switch my buddies while riding. Most of the time at stoplights so it looks like they stalled their bike but sometimes while we're riding. :lmao

oh, and sometimes if my HID's don't fire, I'll have to turn the bike off and back on while riding.

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
happend to me at a red light once or twice.... ill lever forget the 2nd day i had my bike i got gas and it wouldnt start lol i didnt realize the kickstand was down lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
So to restart the bike, do you just flip the red switch back to on?

You don't have to activate the starter right? Because I thought that's what you meant be "re-started" your bike, and that doesn't sound right.

·
Back in the saddle
335 Posts
+1 to the HID situation . . . maybe i was just sh!tty at installing them tho

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
+1 to the HID situation . . . maybe i was just sh!tty at installing them tho
nah, that's just HID's. Sometimes they just don't fire. At least that's my understanding. Not a big deal, just pull in the clutch-kill switch-turn key-starter switch-good to go. :toocool:

·
Premium Member
4,922 Posts
That's no bueno. That could have easily ended bad due to the fact your cornering is heavily weighted on the power of the motor. At least you didn't drift out wide and hit a curb, guardrail, car or something.
yeahhh it was pretty scary but luckily i was going slow enough to continue to follow the curve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts