Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My dad has a Yamaha RD 250 that i want to get back in running condition for him but i'm no mechanic. I was wondering if anyone knew a place near NY or NJ that can help me fix it.

The bike's body is in overall good condition, with a paint job and polishing of the chrome it would look Mint. Engine only has 3K Original miles. Bike is currently not running because i tried messing with the Carb and now it wont start. Was told i just need to Tune the Carbs and get a Tune-up and it should be back in 100% working condition.

So if anyone knows someone or a place that can help me fix this for my dad i would really appreciate it. This is my dads favorite bike and to see him out there cleaning it and taking care of it without the funds to fix it breaks my heart.

So like i said the bike needs some minor work and if anyone has an estimate on how much a Carb job is please post.

Thanks in Advance.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
Wish I could help bro. But I will say that is a gorgeous machine, and I wish you the best of luck getting it running for your dad man. Id love to see pics of yours and that one on the road together. Sweet project and awesome intentions.

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
My coworker didn't know but said it should be dead simple..

Have you done anything to it? Checked the battery? or cleaned the carbs? I'm always down to help if you want to take a stab at it..

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
My coworker didn't know but said it should be dead simple..

Have you done anything to it? Checked the battery? or cleaned the carbs? I'm always down to help if you want to take a stab at it..
Yeah. It's not gonna be too hard. Start with the carb cleanng and maintenance. Get new spark plugs. Check for spark. Try to start it. If t won't start a spray of starting fluid miht take care of that. New tires and chain and test ride..

·
Premium Member
17,965 Posts
Like I said i am down to help, just don't hold me liable :)

I'm sure Anthony would hold our hand through PM's if needed.. (Yes, I just volunteered you)

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Like I said i am down to help, just don't hold me liable :)

I'm sure Anthony would hold our hand through PM's if needed.. (Yes, I just volunteered you)
:lmao

I'm always down to help! Seriously tho, OP you should sell me this super clean bike for VERY cheap. I'll probably get bored of it by June or so and I'll sell it right back to you!! :D

This thing looks like the perfect project. Not too much work needed. Everything is there and it looks great!

·
concerned about Glen Beck
34 Posts
I have 2 of those, and the stock one I have, is that color. It's a simple bike to work on. Check w JB Moto in Wrightsville, Pa. They do stuff with cafe projects. I'd think you can look up a vintage 2t racer in the area for a resource. Smokers rule ! diesels drool !

·
Yamaha Lifer
20 Posts
There are a number of great places that support the Yamaha 2 strokers, I have few myself, I would try:

Spec II (818) 837-1313
Economy Cycle (224)430-7971
HVC Cycle (402) 817-4795

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, sorry i took for ever too write back. My dad is willing to sell it to someone who would restore it and use it!

I'll get pictures of it on here as soon as i can, like i said just needs the Carbs Tuned/cleaned.

Any one interested?..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts