Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on a slip on and it has finally broken in leaving me a flat spot from 8-10k. What would be the best way to go about getting rid of it?

I plan on resynching the carbs this weekend or next but should I get a jet kit first then resynch?

What are the pro's and con's of just resynching, just rejetting, doing both?

I am mechaanically inclined therefore plan on doing it myself trying to save some money but want my bike to run good again.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Get a PC3 and download the appropriate map for whatever slip-on you have. Their is a little lean spot and a bit of a dip in the curve stock anyhow, a slip-on may worsen it. PC's will really help to smooth things out!

Unless of coarse, if you have a pre 03 you'll have to rejet. if you don't have the money for a jet kit at this time, You'll wanna turn you're fuel screws out a1/8th to a 1/4 of a turn and shim the needles up a tad, and maybe go one size bigger on the main jet. That should get you pretty close. If you have the money for a jet kit..........get a Ivan's jet kit.

As far as synching your carbs or bodies, how many miles do you have? I first did mine at 1000 miles and they were off a tad. You'll wanna check this and get it done first if you're going to, then do the jet kit..PC etc..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is meant by shimming the needles?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts