Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas,

A friend of mine gave me 4 sets of brake pads. They're all Ferodo Racing pads from his team.

2 sets are brand new, and 2 sets are used from their racing. The used one has more than 85% of pads left.

I just wondering if its OK to replace my OEM brake pads with the used one. My track day is coming up and I would love to have the upgrade performance on brakes. I do not have time to sand blast it thought.

I understand I can put on the brand new ones and bed them. Just wondering if used ones are fine too. Thanks
:toocool::toocool:

·
Rubber side down
512 Posts
I would lay some 180 grit sandpaper on a flat surface or garage floor and smooth out the used brake pad. Circular motion in figure 8's. Then scotch-brite the rotor to prepare for a different pad. I used this method when replacing a bent rotor trackside. Basically you're smoothing out any glazing or micro grooves from the pad and removing any left over pad material from the rotor. You should scotch-brite or sand the rotor anytime you change pad materials or brands.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Do it!! Break them in first

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Wish I had one that is all. :look:

·
pin it to win it
8,080 Posts
Do it. Take it easy and get used to the pads. Cold race pads are no fun

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Just a heads up race pads are designed to work with a lot of heat in them. If you're not fast the pads may never work worth a hoot for you

1 - 6 of 6 Posts