Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow forum-goers! I'm relatively new to RVA and so far the only bikers I see roll on vintage cruisers or mopeds. Any sportbike riders here? I also have no idea where the fun rides are(just rode Riverside for the first time today). Let me know if any of you want to meet up for a ride!

·
Just lean harder...
888 Posts
Welcome, :toocool: best riding around is the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm about an hour from you but I have a few friends in Richmond I hook up to ride with from time to time. Make sure you hit up Quaker Steak when bike nights start, the one in Richmond get really packed with bikes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I used to live in Richmond and rode with a group of around 8 people. They guy I met on the forum doesn't ride anymore. Definitely go to bike night as the sportbike crew stops in there. We rode the Riverside a lot at night

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!

·
Wingardium Leviosa
273 Posts
Hola, wow its been a long time since I've posted. Sold my 1st gen unfortunately. Looking to pick up another one ASAP.

Found a 06 3rd gen w/ 12k on it, mostly stock, light cosmetic damage with a leaky fork seal for $3500... is this a deal? The fork seal needs replacing ASAP. Its really bad. How much is this going to cost??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a shop close by that deals mostly with sportbikes and apparently a bunch of people meet up there on Sundays and ride. Still need to check that out.

·
Wingardium Leviosa
273 Posts
So, a few days ago I posted about how I regretted selling my first gen. Well, as I'm cruising CL last night I see that it is FOR SALE AGAIN! Could not believe it. Went to see it this morning and bought it back from the guy I sold it to! He only put 1500 miles on it! It needs a few maintenance things, but I'm still elated. Cannot believe it.

http://imgur.com/a/rGggz#YCa78MB

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
:wave

·
Registered
211 Posts
A lot of great tracks around the Richmond area.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts