Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to set the ride height of an 01 R6 on a non-permanent basis?

Some way to adjust the shock so that a shorter rider can ride then change back to the original height??

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have not seen one. Ride hieght usally requires changing the dog bone. This can't be done on the fly.

But I am sure a machinist could mill one with a screw and bolt type adjustable link.

Anyone want to help with the marketing?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I am a pretty short guy I only touch on my toes on my bike. How much work is it to change the dogbone? Will a dogbone affect my suspension settings? Is there any other way to lower the height?

·
Registered
831 Posts
There they are! That looks sweet. I wonder how well they are selling?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Even those are for the 99-02 models. Just got off the phone with them to double check that it would fit my bike but it won't. 03's need PN AJ1001. It's $124.95 and they don't have any in stock currently but should by the end of the week. :cuss
As soon as they come in and I get it installed, I'll let you know how it works out!

·
Registered
327 Posts
lowering your bike

hey, i can get you an adjustable dogbone so your bike can be lowered up to 3" NONPERMANENTLY. i did it to mine ( i've got a '03 ). i've heard a lot of crap about it screwing the suspension up and causing other trouble---but that's only if you don't know what you're doing. mine's lowered 3", and i dropped the front to match, if anything, it handles better now than it did before i lowered it. the only down side is wheelies are a little bit harder, but drop a tooth on your front sprocket and you're good to go. i did all this myself and saved a hell of a lot of money, too.

Char :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know that adjusting your link length will adjust height but will it not change your linkage ratio (which a drag racer isn't worried about, but we are!). Normally only possible to change height with a threaded adjuster on shock body so ratio is not affected. On a Yamaha it's 2:1 (60mm shock, 120mm travel).

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can lower the front by dropping the forks through the yokes, but a word of caution, if you go too far then your bike will lowside.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts