Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Damn, Rick...I tell you what, next years Convention...you and I are riding together. I never knew you could get down to that part of the dam before! lol I want cool pics like that, too!

And yeah...looked awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't see your ride at this year's Convention, and seeing her decked out in track get-up at RA didn't do her justice for the style you put into her! She was a definite beaut! :bow

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u super skank!
Hey man at least I don't flaunt it like a little slut monkey. :D

Very cool. She sure was a beaut
Thank you. LOTS of time went into her.

Damn, Rick...I tell you what, next years Convention...you and I are riding together. I never knew you could get down to that part of the dam before! lol I want cool pics like that, too!

And yeah...looked awesome. Unfortunately, I didn't see your ride at this year's Convention, and seeing her decked out in track get-up at RA didn't do her justice for the style you put into her! She was a definite beaut! :bow
Dude, there are so many good spots in the area. There is a place just south of the gap where you can ride UNDER the waterfalls for pics! I didn't make it this year, but i'm for sure going next year. The gap area is like my home away from home. Love the area.

Yeah my track get up was like a dirty sock. :lmao Good thing though. Idda killed myself if I ruined those lights and carbon! Thanks for the compliments for sure!

looks great!
:cheers

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Yeah my track get up was like a dirty sock. :lmao
ha HA! Yeah...that was a good way to put it! But, it was fortunate that you had to foresight to at least partially track her out. When I took the 6 to Jennings a couple years ago I just taped the lights and what not, and I'm probably going to have to do the same to the 1.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Blue tape. Or green to be super special and GiIJoe like. :lmao
Hmmm...so you're saying, remove the headlights and simply tape over the orifice? I don't know if I could do that...since the headlights and intake ports are kind of integrated... :dunce:

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmmm...so you're saying, remove the headlights and simply tape over the orifice? I don't know if I could do that...since the headlights and intake ports are kind of integrated... :dunce:
Yeah. Tape over the whole cut out that the projectors sit in and make it flush with the rest of the nose fairing. Leave the edges clear of tape for the ducts.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Yeah. Tape over the whole cut out that the projectors sit in and make it flush with the rest of the nose fairing. Leave the edges clear of tape for the ducts.
Hmmm...I just might do that, Rickmeister. Thanks for the insight! :cheers

Now, back to your ride...what'cha gonna do with them fancy carbon pieces left over?

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm...I just might do that, Rickmeister. Thanks for the insight! :cheers

Now, back to your ride...what'cha gonna do with them fancy carbon pieces left over?
I wanted to sell them. But the more and more I look at these pics It makes me want to get another 08 silver R6 and go to town again. I told myself I wouldn't get another full on sports bike for the street as to me they aren't that much fun to hop on and go for street riding.

Sooooo, it's either get another six and put the carbon on her.

Or use the money i sell them for along with all the other AM stuff as a nice down payment on a naked sport bike.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
Yeah, I saw that you were looking into other bikes. IMO...It's just not my thing right now to NOT own a SS bike. I mean, I'd go to town on a cruiser or something, as a second bike! But to not own a SS...nope, not right now. So, with my only option being one bike...I'll stick with what I got.

I guess you have a bit of soul searching to do, huh?! :D

·
Insert nonsense here
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I saw that you were looking into other bikes. IMO...It's just not my thing right now to NOT own a SS bike. I mean, I'd go to town on a cruiser or something, as a second bike! But to not own a SS...nope, not right now. So, with my only option being one bike...I'll stick with what I got.

I guess you have a bit of soul searching to do, huh?! :D
I guess I'm just an old man. :flex:

I am finding it hard to tear myself from the performance aspects of them, but most of the nakeds I am looking at post p similar specs in the power area. It looks like they just lack the fully adjustable suspension for the most part. But you don't need all that on the street anywho. I'll still own a SS for the track....one day.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
I guess I'm just an old man. :flex:

I am finding it hard to tear myself from the performance aspects of them, but most of the nakeds I am looking at post p similar specs in the power area. It looks like they just lack the fully adjustable suspension for the most part. But you don't need all that on the street anywho. I'll still own a SS for the track....one day.
You sound like you got your mind made up already... I think someone's just wanting to hold on to the parts for nostalgia. :hehe

1 - 20 of 24 Posts