Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Wish I Could Ride More
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i never thought i would be making a thread with the title "rider down" but tonight changed my life forever. I got rear ended..

So im coming home from my recruiters office at about 8:30, im at a red light, there was about 6 cars in front of me and about 15 to my left, im in the far right lane waiting to ease up to make the right hand turn. The car in front of me started to ease up alittle because the light turned green and then suddenly in the fcuking blink of an eye i go from sitting on my bike in netrual thinking about what i got planned for the night, to laying on the wet ass ground about 15 feet forward 2 lanes over. I literally dont remember flying through the air. I got up immediatly cuz i didnt want to get ran over, and the first thing i thought was is the 6 ok..lol i never thought i would see me bike laying sideways on the ground all beat up like it just lost a title fight. There was people coming out to see if i was ok and people driving by yelling "get that insurance money homeboy!" man that was the most violent feeling getting hit from behind, it felt like god came down and spanked me in the ass launching me in the air. The lady who hit me was crying and tripping out, her son is 18 like me and has a sport bike too.
I asked her if she saw me and she said yes....what! i said you saw me and you didnt thing oh maybe i should slow the fcuk down. she said she didnt know how much room was between us....bullshit. well anyway i got her info and was able to ride home. i filed a claim and should be getting a call tomorrow from an adjuster. so far what i can tell is a broken left foot peg, completely smashed lisence plate, deep scratches all over fairings, busted mirror. i have no clue if my rear tire or rim is messed up or if theres engine problems. when it was on the floor there was coolent leaking out...fcuk man. im gratefull to be alive because it could have been a lot worse. im fine just alittle sore in my left leg and lower back. the most fcuked up thing is im leaving to boot camp next tuesday...now i got some more stress to add on to my full plate of stress. lol

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
Unfortunately this stuff happens... Just be glad you were even able to ride it home... and more importantly you are alive and well..

·
formerly usmc08r6
1,313 Posts
crazy. glad your ok. make sure your good and healthy before you leave for boot camp, the last thing you want is to get there and find out there's something wrong now you stuck at the depot forever in the medical platoon

·
Wish I Could Ride More
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam dude that sucks...

But get that insurance $ homeboy :lmao

hahaha thanks for that good laugh man

Unfortunately this stuff happens... Just be glad you were even able to ride it home... and more importantly you are alive and well..
yeah im very grateful, theres other threads on here with WAY worse outcomes than mine. no one forgets their first crash i guess.
crazy. glad your ok. make sure your good and healthy before you leave for boot camp, the last thing you want is to get there and find out there's something wrong now you stuck at the depot forever in the medical platoon
yeah now that the adreneline has completely worn off my left knee is pretty damn sore and so is my lower back and my left thigh. You are 100% correct too, i need to be in tip top condition before next week cuz i wanna graduate on time with my platoon, not get recycled.

thanks guys

·
Registered
196 Posts
im new to this forum but man glad u were able to get up!!! the bike might be messed up but ur able to at least have a bike to fix!!!!! i have a 2002 r6 and that is my fear that i get hit from the back! im just glad your okay the bike can be replaced i know it hurts but it is replaceable

·
dont fake the funk
1,814 Posts
i kno its natural to think of the bike first, but thats the least important thing to worry about at this point. go get checked out by a doc, make sure its jus bumps and bruises, and no fractures. u say u dont remember the initial impact, which may mean u suffered a concussion. get checked out, its worth your time :fact

·
2,121 Posts
Yea see if your recruiter will do anything... I know it sounds bad but mabey leave a little bit later? Deff SUCKS about the 6 right before all this B.S. man! Sorry to hear!

·
Registered
360 Posts
glad youre ok man! i almost got rear ended a few weeks ago... scary shit! a bike is replaceable though, you on the other hand are not. and def get checked out before you ship out. i went to boot with a sprained ankle and i was put on med hold as soon as i got there. waited an extra 3 weeks doin bullshit details.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Man i am glad you are ok. You really should go get checked out by a doctor. If you dont remember what happened you not only probably have a concussion but you more than likely lost consciousness. Any marks or scratches on the helmet?

·
KEITH stone
43 Posts
that sucks man im sorry to hear that glad your okay though.

^^ AGREED .. id say F it and push it back a month even if you are okay.. last thing you want is to go to boot and find out you really are injured.. med platoon would be the worst thing ever.. 3 months is enough time for you to be at the depot.. you dont wanna be there any longer than you have to haha

·
EMT/FF/Rider
1,560 Posts
Hey man, glad you are ok, especially considering you just got your M1 :(

·
Sex and Bikes Go Together
1,222 Posts
Glad your ok bud, this thread do suck

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
just glad u didnt get hurt, like u said, it could've turned out real bad, I'd also recommend getting yourself checked out by a doctor just to be safe especially back and head. Dont want any "future" problems because of this.

Good luck on the rebuild. Make the insurance pay for every single scratch on ur bike and for your doctor bills.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts