Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dark smoke lense on my helmet, and when I ride from day to dark, I can't see shit. I am trying to find some clear or yellow glasses that are specifically made for riding. You know the ones that have the foam on the perimeter of the lense to block out wind. I have a set of Bolle tactical goggles, but those are a tad too big for my helmet. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind I found some really hot ones! This company looks like they make alot for military applications.

Check out their site, they have some bad ass stuff!

http://www.wileyx.com/

These are nice too and they are like $22 from another company called Solis.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I'd wear them. I ride with a chrome shield, and it gets a bit dark at night also. Those would be good to ride in I think.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
my boy wears a pair of goggles that he has replaceable lenses for....I'll find out what they are and where he got them.....

·
Registered
963 Posts
You can always buy a helmet with race tear-off posts. So you have a dark smoke tint tear-off that you can put in your trunk when it turns dark.

·
Registered
35 Posts
them Wiley X's are pretty good glasses for riding i had a pair issued to me when i went to Iraq. They come with a interchangabel lenses(day/night), straps, and a bunch of other cool junk. They fit kinda large but with the strap they totaly eliminate any sun getting in from the sides, the lenses are fog proof to so you dont have to worry about them fogging up on you, unlike my Oakley's wich fog up all the time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ed said:
You can always buy a helmet with race tear-off posts. So you have a dark smoke tint tear-off that you can put in your trunk when it turns dark.
Well I already have a helmet with smoked lenses, just trying to make the best out of what I have. :tongue

Are you going to hooters tonight? I'll be there!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Big-Nipper said:
Ed said:
Well I already have a helmet with smoked lenses, just trying to make the best out of what I have. :tongue

Are you going to hooters tonight? I'll be there!
Beware, dont follow too closely behind Nipper, he has this cool oil-slick feature on his bike!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ed said:
Yeah, I'll be there with two other guys (buell and an older r1).
Ed, when are you meeting up to go up there? We are probalby going around 7ish, give me a ring if you want 2 more if you're leaving from Irvine

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i just wear some sunglasses under my clear screen at sunny times, and then if it gets dark i just take em off and put em in the trunk or a cargo pocket if i have one. :cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts