Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 00 R6 a couple of weeks ago and I've put maybe 100-200 miles on it max. I notice when I ride that my arms get very tired, much more then with my old dirt bike. I was expecting a more uncomfortable ride but not this much. I figured i'll get used to it but I just want to make sure I'm riding right. I pretty much am positioned as the manual says, arms bent a little but I don't really flush my body with the tank.

Again, I think it's just me getting used to the bike.

BTW.... MSF class is coming, I feel even though I know how to ride I can learn a lot from it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
The first couple hundred miles on my bike were uncomfortable as hell. Ass, arms, hands, back, you name it ached after 20 minutes of riding. I guess I adjusted, its not bad at all now. Obviously these bikes aren't built based on comfort though. I think I still do something wrong because I get a sharp pain in my right shoulder on my back like I'm having to reach too far for the throttle or something? Anyways, hopefully your body will just get used to it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
grip the tank more with your knees and losen grip on bars might help a little :)

·
My R6 costs me money lots
182 Posts
the most commin reason way your arms hurt when riding is. That most people squeeze the grips to tightly. lossen up or slow down!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts