Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I trailride with my R6
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions although I am more interested in doing track days and am looking for a course that is track oriented as opposed to street riding.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
What part of NC? Have you checked out VIR I believe they have track school.

·
I trailride with my R6
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm north of Charlotte. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check into whether there are some classes at VIR.

·
#KeepPounding
1,735 Posts
I'm north of Charlotte. Thanks for the info, I'm going to check into whether there are some classes at VIR.
Oh yeah? Im North of Charlotte in Statesville. Also check out Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC i believe. I know they do track days there as well. Nothing actually in NC that I personally know of.

·
WTF?
73 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions although I am more interested in doing track days and am looking for a course that is track oriented as opposed to street riding.
Look up Cornerspeed. They have a quality schools and you can attain a race license if you want. I will likely be finally attending their school this summer. I know several guys who have done their school and nothing but good reviews. They are based out of Charlotte so you can't get closer than that.

California Superbike School will be attending VIR if they haven't already.

Team Pro Motion has track days at CMP and VIR and if memory serves, outside of the level one class (which is included in your membership) , you can pay to have a one on one instructor for a little more.

If your already comfortable riding at speed at want to try the track, NESBA frequents VIR and does some CMP days. The beginners class has people riding slower than commuters all the way to guys turning descent laps. The Control Riders will give you loads of help if you ask and listen. You can learn more there in an afternoon than you know now.

If you don't have leathers, several of the above listed places will rent you gear. The supply is usually limited so reserve it way in advance.

·
Yamaha Blue in any color
3,250 Posts
+1 on Cornerspeed. I've done Cornerspeed Level 1 and Cornerspin (roadracing techniques on a dirt track). Enjoyed both and learned a lot.

Aaron's school is accredited with several racing organizations, and once you have your diploma you can apply for a racing license or a provisional racing license. His school and staff are top notch.

·
I trailride with my R6
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look up Cornerspeed. They have a quality schools and you can attain a race license if you want. I will likely be finally attending their school this summer. I know several guys who have done their school and nothing but good reviews. They are based out of Charlotte so you can't get closer than that.

California Superbike School will be attending VIR if they haven't already.

Team Pro Motion has track days at CMP and VIR and if memory serves, outside of the level one class (which is included in your membership) , you can pay to have a one on one instructor for a little more.

If your already comfortable riding at speed at want to try the track, NESBA frequents VIR and does some CMP days. The beginners class has people riding slower than commuters all the way to guys turning descent laps. The Control Riders will give you loads of help if you ask and listen. You can learn more there in an afternoon than you know now.

If you don't have leathers, several of the above listed places will rent you gear. The supply is usually limited so reserve it way in advance.
This is some great info and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
206 Posts
+1 on Cornerspeed. I've done Cornerspeed Level 1 and Cornerspin (roadracing techniques on a dirt track). Enjoyed both and learned a lot.

Aaron's school is accredited with several racing organizations, and once you have your diploma you can apply for a racing license or a provisional racing license. His school and staff are top notch.
Like he said. Check out Cornerspeed. I have also done Cornerspeed level 1 and cornerspin. Both schools were great and they will answer any question you have.

·
WTF?
73 Posts
This is some great info and is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot.
No problem man, I will likely do Cornerspeeds July 30th school, I'll be at VIR South course (great course to cut your teeth on) with NESBA on June 30th, and North course with Team Pro Motion on Monday. PM me if you want to do any of these days.

I won't pretend I'm as experienced as a lot of guys here. However, I know it will help get you through the jitters of getting through tech and rolling your first day just to have someone to point you where to go. I keep a full bag of tools and what not with me too.

The track community by and large is a group of very laid back guys that are willing to help damn near anyone from advice on skills to spare supplies. You'll feel right at home as long as you keep your ears open and leave your ego in the truck. :flex: NESBA's South course day is very affordable for a first time out so look into it. Hope you make it.

P.S. Get a second job or you'll be selling your TV at a pawn shop in a month. Once you hit the track pipe there's no going back...

·
AKA....Corey
547 Posts
if only if i still stayed in Greensboro...:(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like he said. Check out Cornerspeed. I have also done Cornerspeed level 1 and cornerspin. Both schools were great and they will answer any question you have.
Like they said.

Cornerspeed is a great school. Aaron and his crew are top notch. But I must warn you....the class moves at quick pace. If you've never been on the track I'd recommend at least arriving early and walking the track so you don't go in totally blind.

my dos centavos

·
Registered
74 Posts
Teampromotion has an entry level riding class that is free for the entry level rider (white group) you can take it as many times as you want. They also have a track in NE North Carolina called NCBike near Roanoake Rapids. The coaches increases the pace through the day and have a lot of track as well as class time great bunch of guys will be there this weekend Jun23/24.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Does anyone know of a good motorcycle class in NC? I need to learn how to corner properly.
I'm a coach with the California Superbike School so if you have any specific questions about our courses then fire away and I'll do my best to answer. Woul d suit your riding needs from the sounds of it and we go to VIR and a few other tracks out east.

Cheers,
Misti

1 - 16 of 16 Posts