Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The track is about 30min away from my house and I have no trailer, even though this doesnt sound like a good idea in case you wreak, I just wanna know if anyone does it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If you crash your bike at the track you're fooked. I would think riding to a track is a very bad idea. Also what happens if you get hurt at the track?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
another prob is, most tracks make you fix up your bike where it isnt street legal anymore. so if u do this youll still have to take a vehicle with the proper supplies. its better to find a buddy with a truck if possible :cheers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, i thought it would be a bad idea in case i got hurt, and you cant really bring your own tools, food, ect.. I have a new chevy 1500 4x4, but the thing sits so damn high id be afraid to drop the bike while loading and unloading it, any advice on that.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Find a loading dock or a hill, tall curb, etc. You will be able to get help unloading it at the track.

When I load mine in my truck I use a step-stool off to the left side of the ramp. It lets me step up once before getting in the truck while I push my bike up the ramp.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i have a toyota tacoma 4x4 and use my ramp all the time, but i did by a wide ramp that pretty much goes all the way across the bed. its nice u just ride it right into the back :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i seen some dude ride his SV tot he track this weekend and then proceeded to run in a 6 hour Endurance race.....he had stock pipe and that goddamed mudflap on the whole race....it was kind of funny....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts