Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you ride with dress clothes on? (business casual) I really want to be riding my new bike to work but I'm not sure how goofy I will look, I will have my jacket and helmet on off course.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do any of you ride with dress clothes on? (business casual) I really want to be riding my new bike to work but I'm not sure how goofy I will look, I will have my jacket and helmet on off course.
carry a backpack and change in the bathroom.. :cheers

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a big corporate building. I know there are more guys with bikes so I'll just see what they do, if not I'll just drive up with my dress pants :toocool:

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
I sell cars for a living and ride to work in business casual clothes. I wear my helmet and leather jacket and keep my gel in the trunk of the bike. My ride to work is about 5 miles and 35 mph zones. When its hot here sometimes ill ride with no lid and sunglasses. (no helmet laws here!)

·
Jennings rocks!
1,435 Posts
I sell cars for a living and ride to work in business casual clothes. I wear my helmet and leather jacket and keep my gel in the trunk of the bike. My ride to work is about 5 miles and 35 mph zones. When its hot here sometimes ill ride with no lid and sunglasses. (no helmet laws here!)
Not trying to preach but be careful man. A lot of deaths involving no helmets are close to their homes.

I say carry backpack and change when you get there. Who knows if your going to get a little wet or hit a nasty bug haha

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Just leave your work clothes in your cubicle. If you drive on monday and bring a few extra pairs of pants and some shirts, you can leave them in your cube/office and get changed every morning. Then shove everything in a backpack on friday and wash it over the weekend.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do it all the time, dress pants, dress shirt, then leather jacket and helmet. I keep the gel at my desk, when I get in I put the gel on, in the washroom.

·
Custom User Title
4,556 Posts
i ride bus. casual to my lawfirm job and i still wear all my gear. sometimes collar'd shirts are a pain in the arse so i just stick it in a backpack and go. i'll never ride my bike without gear. pack it up and go.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just leave your work clothes in your cubicle. If you drive on monday and bring a few extra pairs of pants and some shirts, you can leave them in your cube/office and get changed every morning. Then shove everything in a backpack on friday and wash it over the weekend.

I ride to work whenever the weather is nice. Living in San Diego, thats the majority of the time:D I wear uniforms, so I just take enough shirts to work in my car to last a while and leave them in my locker and ride in with the pants. I just get dressed at work and I'm ready to go!

And don't worry about what you look like! Around here in the summer you see tons of people riding to work in slacks and dress shoes!

·
Watch out, I'm riding!
378 Posts
I'll ride to work with my business clothes on. I've done it before. Just put on the clothes, throw the jacket over, and away I go. But, that's only 8 miles from my home. If it's during the summer, and you've got farther than that, you might want to seriously consider changing at work.

·
Oorah!
1,140 Posts
I take all my clothes in my backpack and change at school.

Oh we wear uniforms to school lol.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
i have to wear suits at one of my jobs so no riding to work there. at my other job i just rock the dress pants and jacket n helmet to work.

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I think I might just do that, wear my regular clothes, in the summer I'll be wearing polo's so it won't be to bad. It is a 30 mile drive so maybe I'll just do it a couple of times out of the week.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I work for Verizon wireless so we wear shirt and tie all the time. I wear my dress shirt and slacks on the bike quite a bit. No big deal. Never had any probs with bugs jackin up my shirt or anything just fix my hair when I get there and throw my tie on and good to go.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
i rock slacks/dress shirt at least 3 times a week... Keep gel, deoderant, and a toothbrush at work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts