Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to take my girl for a ride this week. Ive been riding for a few years but never with a rider. Any advice from you veterans.

·
Registered
836 Posts
First, you do have full gear for her... right? If not, wait until you buy some. You put a scratch on that girl and her dad will cut your nuts off.

Bump up your rear preload a couple notches.

Give yourself double the room when braking until you get used to having a passenger.

Don't give her any complicated instructions, just the following. Wait until you tell her to get on/off the bike. Warn you if she needs to adjust her seating position. And look over your inside shoulder through the turns.

Just take it easy in general.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
defenitly make her tell you when shes goin to shift cause it will move the bike around and you want to be ready for that. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
31 Posts
No wiggling on curves woman!!!!!! haha, i took mine on the 6 for the first time the other evening, she's never been on a bike, and i havent taken a passenger before either, but it was great, just like the guys said, make sure she doesnt go jumping on the bike before you get situated (im short, so i touch on my tippie toes, no biggie if your ready for it though. And getting her to look over your inside shoulder on a corner...never actualy thought of that one, thanks for that. And if she's nervous...just tell her to tap you three times on the chest or something if she gets scared or has a problem, get something like that figured out before hand just incase she has a problem and you cant hear her...trust me, its for YOUR own good lol. good luck, and keep her scratch free
Brian

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i go out to daytona all the time girls always want rides i dont see how you guys can go so long without giving one a ride because right when i got my bike people were wanting to be towed around its alright i prefer to ride solo on one bike unless shes worth the hassle :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Basically many of my rides are with my girlfriend. I agree with most ofthe guys. What you must teach her though is the correct way of staying on the bike. She must be stuck on you and her hands must be placed on the tank. That way you can brake without having the weight of her on your hands. This is the correct way. Be careful because if she is wearing any jwellery she may scratch your tank.
I hope you have a nice ride... :roll:

·
Registered
283 Posts
My girlfriend has her bike licence so positioning & cornering are no probs. Make sure you take off slow. With the extra weight your center of gravity is way up and back. Wheelies are TOO EASY like this can be scary for both of you if unprepared. Also my girl hooks her thumbs in the hip belt loops of my jeans. This way she can push on my hips during braking and hold on while speeding up. She thinks this is the best way unless im riding hard. Then she doesnt like being on the bike..... and I totally agree with her.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I love riding with my wife, but it makes her kinda nervous.

You just have to remember:

When you are riding alone you are responsible for your safety....

When you are riding with a girl, you are responsible for her LIFE...

There are few things more satisfying for me than finishing up a long ride with my wife where.........she never got scared once, and she enjoyed herself and got to take in some good sights...

When you ride with a girl, do yourself a favor, and forget about YOURSELF and make it as joyful an experience for the girl as you possibly can...shift smooth, accelerate slowly and smoothly, take corners slow....

*****This coming from a guy who likes to do occasional high-speed wheelies and prolonged 140 mph runs through the winding country roads when he is alone!!******

$0.02 from jasamb

·
Registered
836 Posts
jasamb said:
When you ride with a girl, do yourself a favor, and forget about YOURSELF and make it as joyful an experience for the girl as you possibly can...shift smooth, accelerate slowly and smoothly, take corners slow....

$0.02 from jasamb
I think you could apply this advice to about ANYTHING you do with a woman. :hump

·
Registered
32 Posts
Riding with a woman on the back is nice! I don't take any one on the back with out proper gear ( Helmet, gloves & jacket @ least ) . Mae sure she has her hands on the tank, much more comfortable during braking! After a while of riding with the passenger it becomes second nature. :naughty

·
Registered
64 Posts
just do what everyone here says and youll be fine. ive been giving a few people rides since about 3 weeks after taking the msf course. im not saying that i know everything about it, but its been ok so far.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
RockyR6 said:
jasamb said:

$0.02 from jasamb
I think you could apply this advice to about ANYTHING you do with a woman. :hump
ya i agree with this statment rocky has posted. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got my bike last sunday and I've had the g/f on the back already. I dont have my full endorsement yet so we've just been going around the neighborhood for now. Had her to about 60 or so.

Make sure she doesn't move around w/o letting you know. Watch for the bump in the helmet when you brake if she doesn't keep her hands on the tank, like so many have said above.

With that said, enjoy the ride, I'm sure she will :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanx for the replys, I took my girl up to sacramento on the bike and every thing went good, next week its San Fran

·
Registered
35 Posts
jasamb wrote:

$0.02 from jasamb

I think you could apply this advice to about ANYTHING you do with a woman.
lol being a woman, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with your responses... hell, guys are finally catching on!! :jump

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
R6wlfgrl said:
lol being a woman, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with your responses... hell, guys are finally catching on!! :jump
don't say that to loud in here. they are liable to get a swoll head over it.....

I myself don't even worry about it cuz the wife won't even look at my macheeeeeeen! its all about pleasing myself which I have become quite adept at over the past 3 1/2 months........

·
Registered
31 Posts
The nice and easy rides are fun, but I like to give my girl a ride like i do in bed with her, wild and crazy, alot funner that way :hump :cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts