Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got a ticket for it tonight. I wasn't screwing around just coasting up to a red light. Light turned green Trooper pulls up behind me with his light on.

Any one know how many (if any) points this is. btw I'm in NY

·
Registered
208 Posts
pretty catchy song to lol. anyways that sucks man. i dont see the point of why you cant ride without hands for a brief period of time. i know if you continuously rode no handed you could cause reaction time problems if something should happen but if your just momentarily doing it so wat

·
Registered
298 Posts
They can bust you for wreckless op if you were moving fast enough. Only time my hands come off the bars is at a stop.

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
All I can say is bad luck. I was PCH on Sunday and a bike cop gave me a warning for doing the same thing, except I was stretching.

All he did was pull up next to me at the light and told me "keep your hands on the bars, you can lose control" then he made a right hand turn from the fast lane and drove away... freaked me the hell out!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
thats no good man...i didnt know it was illegal to do considering people do it in a car all the time. Hell, if you can talk on a cell phone i dont see why you couldnt briefly take your hands off the bars. No idea what thats gonna do to ya though man...

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
thats no good man...i didnt know it was illegal to do considering people do it in a car all the time. Hell, if you can talk on a cell phone i dont see why you couldnt briefly take your hands off the bars. No idea what thats gonna do to ya though man...
Get a lawyer and use what Owen just said as an out. :fact:

·
Premium Member
1,067 Posts
Talking on a cell phone while driving now illegal in CA as of yesterday. :thumbdown:thumbdown

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
Well I just got a ticket for it tonight. I wasn't screwing around just coasting up to a red light. Light turned green Trooper pulls up behind me with his light on.

Any one know how many (if any) points this is. btw I'm in NY
What exactly did it say on your ticket?

Talking on a cell phone while driving now illegal in CA as of yesterday. :thumbdown:thumbdown
Yeah but you can still text. How stupid is that?

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts
this was covere iny msf class, there is no law in md stating your hands have to be on the bars at all times

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Hmmm...ive never got a ticket for that and its odd considering i usually have both hands off the bars so i have 2 fingers instead of one for them...i guess bad luck got ya buddy.:321

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i remember someone just posting a thread about this last week. everyone said they do no handers, to strech and what not once in a while. and nobody has had a ticket for it. but i guess we were all wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

He said its also illegal in a car, in NY u cant talk on the phone either

·
I eat gixxer's
520 Posts
In a stretch of 6 miles on the 22 (freeway down here in Orange County), I counted about 15 cops, roughly 10 of them had someone pulled over. They are busting people hardcore! Every entrance to the freeway had a cop parked waiting to catch people talk on the phone while they were entering... I had to drive 65 in the carpool lane ;(

Yeah but you can still text. How stupid is that?
Yeah man... I've come close to crashing because of texting rather than talking on the phone. It's a brilliant but unstable law. Maybe the phone companies got a saying in it and negotiated something about texting rather than phone banging? :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
if you have an 06, you get insane engine braking while in gear. riding with no hands only lasts for like 5 seconds until you get to a very low speed and is pretty dangerous.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yea.. Those of you who do no handers - do you shift to neutral or what? I'd crash after a couple seconds of engine braking with no hands.. :confused:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts