Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a R6 and cant get into the BRT classes here to get my motorcycle endorsement until the end of March beginning of April. ...If I have insurance on the bike will they drop the ticket once I go through the class? I cant wait that long to ride it..

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I'm confused , did you get a ticket for no endorsement?

Most, not all, judges will give you a break if you get one within a specified period of time. When I took the MSF course that counted for the riding portion of the test and then just went to the DMV for the written test.

Do you have insurance? If not, I don't think they will be happy you were riding with no insurance or endrosement.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
sounds like you already got a ticket. i would think it would be difficult to get insurance for the bike if the rider doesnt have a permit. as for "dropping the ticket", it all depends on what mood the judge is in.

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt get a ticket...yet...I have insurance but no endorsement yet. I guess I can get a permit to ride with other people for now....

·
"Hollywood"
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I think thats my next move....

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Really don't want to be an asshole but it sounds like you didn't do your homework before you got your bike.

I had my gear and my endorsement and my MSF course taken before I even bought my bike.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
this is my second yami, and ive been riding on my permit for like a year now! ive got a list of really great exuses though!

seriously though, i agree with z31maniac, thats the way it should be done.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
When I first got a bike I had my temps but nothing else. I never got insurance until last year, it was way too pricey. To my knowledge you do not need an endorsement to be insured. I know for sure progressive and other companies don't even ask if you have one or not. I also never took the MSF course.

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
I got my R6 last week, and I got insurance for it the same day. Tomorrow I'm going to the DMV to get my learners permit, then in the end of March, I'm taking the MSF course, so I can get my liscense right after that.

Obviously you shouldnt be riding without a liscense, but I'll admit that I've riden around the neighborhood a few times....gotta get some practice in.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Do us a favor and don't attempt to ride on the streets. Maybe an empty parking lot. Trust me, an MSF course is the way to go, regardless of how experienced you "think" you are.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
wow, how did you get insurance for the bike? is the policy in your name?
You do not need a motorcycle license to get insurance. How weird does that sound but that's the truth. I know way too many people who have insurance but no license.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
its because of the track. You don't have to have a license or insurance to run the track.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Spoon said:
You do not need a motorcycle license to get insurance. How weird does that sound but that's the truth. I know way too many people who have insurance but no license.
wow, i never heard of that before, learn something new everyday. i dont know any companies that would insure a bike for a rider with no license, let alone a permit. i cant imagine how much the insurance premiums are. can i ask how much one would pay for a policy with out any license or permit?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I don't know of any that ask if you have it s oit would be the same as a person that has one.

·
Bet on it
214 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
Spoon said:
wow, i never heard of that before, learn something new everyday. i dont know any companies that would insure a bike for a rider with no license, let alone a permit. i cant imagine how much the insurance premiums are. can i ask how much one would pay for a policy with out any license or permit?
My friend with an 03 R6 is paying a little over 200 a year for liability only.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
For liability I paid only $173 a year for my 03. That was with progressive. this year I can get full coverage through state farm for only $38 a month. I am 21 btw.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts