Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My R6 eats its veggies
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to polish my frame and wheels over then next ten month because i lost my licence. I know what I'm getting into and have already finished one piece with surprising results. I've moved onto my front wheel and have removed the paint and am getting ready to sand her away.

My question is this...Are those numbers and symbols really important or can i sand/cut (any advice for removing them) those eye sores away? I don't know if they play a feature in balancing the wheel or not. I plan on doing the entire wheel not just the lip.

Thanks for any info.

Attachments

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
ya def sand em off!
and nice heel gards! Hopefully the wheels come out that nice. Dont forget to clear them so they stay nice!

·
Registered
103 Posts
polishing gets addictive. i polished my rear sets, passenger pegs, lips on my wheels, swing arm, and lever. its really not that hard.

·
My R6 eats its veggies
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read that your not supose to clear coat them. And since its alluminum that all i have to do is keep ploshing them once a month or so.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
DAMN that looks nice....

·
My R6 eats its veggies
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To polish i just used Mothers alluminum and mag polish, it only works on bare alluminum not anodized... and thanks bro, took me about 5 hours..(watched tv while working on it) ill keep it posted on my progression and send a pic of the finished front wheel.

·
My R6 eats its veggies
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finished Frame and Swing arm

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts