Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I hope my R6 eats me.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide whether or not I want to keep these on there. They def. are on a little crooked/ziz-zaggy when you get up close and look at them. I must say I thought putting those things on was a PITA. Anyway, just wanted some opinions.

before

After

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
+1 on the PITA It takes a lot of patience to put those on. I have orange wheels stripes on my bike I like mine but not sure about the reflective ones... Maybe a different color? Blue ones would look sick.

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
I like the white...gives it some pop. But as someone told me on this forum...its whatever you like. Doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Normally I like it. On black bikes and red bikes I like red tape and blue on blue. But I think I like it better without on your bike. Either way though, nice bike.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Those look very thick, I love mine, it took me several hours to put mine on, I believe I put 3/8" and followed an edge that was on the wheel not the very edge but there is an edge near the outter side I follwoed and it came out perfect

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I like it better w/o.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
those are a little over powering for my liking. Id say either a thinner white stripe (if white is what you want) or go with red.
If you want red PM me, I have a set that I want to sell that never made it on the bike...

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
I love the idea of wheel stripes. I just put red stripes on my all black 05 R6...turned out sick. White will look ok on that bike, but because of the silver paint, the white and silver will slightly clash. Definently go with a red or blue. I got mine on eBay for like $10 shipped Buy-It-Now. The seller offers 1/4" (what you have), and 1/8" (what you should get... a lot less overpowering, but still pops and adds a VERY nice touch). Good luck with everything

·
I hope my R6 eats me.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whats the best method for removing the rim stripes?

I took the bike outside and looked at it from far away and even then, the stripes (which are actually silver) look very white and stand out too much.

·
Just Burnin Time
2,220 Posts
i dont like how they are reflective, i would do it to mine but dont want to eff up and buy reflective ones.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like rim stripes but those are a bit too thick. Kinda looks like your bike has white walls. Just my .02.

·
Registered
34 Posts
without for me, but it's your bike..

try taking some pics in the sunlight. might have a different look to it without the flash.

·
I hope my R6 eats me.
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the bike outside today to see how it looked and it still looks pretty dang white. I'm gonna take them off. :( Any suggestions on the easiest way?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
I did it to my other bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
if you guys like rimstripes but dont like the idea of putting them on, check out planetsuperbike.com. i got rime stripes from them. they are pre-cut to prevent the uneven look. offer any color to match your paint and also do printing on them if you want to addd a yamaha logo and shit. reflective or non.

i have to run to their shop and have them do my decals soon. if you eant i could pick up a set for someone.

i can do photos of mine if you wish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts