Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
A work in progress...
13,658 Posts
Do it. It is very inexpensive and can be easily removed if you don't like it.

·
Masshole
159 Posts
I have blue reflective rim tape. Adds just a bit of accent and really does stand out at night. It's a cheap effective way to make your wheels pop.

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
i think it doesn't help me go faster on the track, so i don't think much about it...

s3aturnr
I put neon green rim tape on both my sets of wheels. It makes it easier to quickly and definitively spot your wheels on the rack when you pick them up at the tire truck since everyone and their mother has an R6.

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
I put neon green rim tape on both my sets of wheels. It makes it easier to quickly and definitively spot your wheels on the rack when you pick them up at the tire truck since everyone and their mother has an R6.
the office i work at has a label maker. i used it to make labels of my screen name so i can identify my wheels and quickly determine the correct rotation...

s3aturnr

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
the office i work at has a label maker. i used it to make labels of my screen name so i can identify my wheels and quickly determine the correct rotation...

s3aturnr
That's a good idea.

I keep meaning to put labels with my name on all my track stuff; stands, generator, pressure gauge, etc. Lots of people have the same stuff and sometimes stuff gets borrowed and moves around. But I haven't because lazy.

·
07 Blue R6
222 Posts
I think the blue would look great. I put blue on mine. My bike is blue and blacked out. I got the rim tape for like $8 or $9. Easy installation and came out nice. I think you should get a blue that matches your bike, that's all. The blue I got matches the blue of my bike and I'm glad it turned out that way. Ryan66 has a light blue rim tape that doesn't really match his bike color and I think it looks weird. It's just like... Too light of a blue. The pictures I have aren't the best, but I have more. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392659476.021046.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392659504.502553.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1392659538.036342.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
sportbike noob
626 Posts
Ya it does its dark blue. The camera picked it up that way. I have the reflective stuff, at night it reflects off headlights.

Attachments

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Any of you guys try removing the OEM rim tape? Not sure what the fvuck they used, but it sure as hell ain't ordinary after market rim tape. It laughed at my eraser wheel and didn't even phase it...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the blue would look great. I put blue on mine. My bike is blue and blacked out. I got the rim tape for like $8 or $9. Easy installation and came out nice. I think you should get a blue that matches your bike, that's all. The blue I got matches the blue of my bike and I'm glad it turned out that way. Ryan66 has a light blue rim tape that doesn't really match his bike color and I think it looks weird. It's just like... Too light of a blue. The pictures I have aren't the best, but I have more. View attachment 185018 View attachment 185026 View attachment 185034

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Do you remember who you got yours from? There are so many.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Any of you guys try removing the OEM rim tape? Not sure what the fvuck they used, but it sure as hell ain't ordinary after market rim tape. It laughed at my eraser wheel and didn't even phase it...
its powder coated on after they put it on. best deal is to buy rim tape to cover it up.
I thought I was just going to be able to peel the red factory stripe right off. Haha, not a chance. I just put my neon yellow right over the top.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts