Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to get some rim tape for my bike. Blue is the obvious choice but i wanted to see what else is out there, so if you have pics post me some.

I saw a blue with yellow, and i liked it. Other other options i could think of doing was blue, yellow, maybe a grey or white. Mainly i want feedback on yellow, and hopefuly pics

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
i don't have any on my bike. sorry no pics.

i like the thin tape opossed to the thick tape, most of them are pretty wide. i like the width of the stock rim tape. you can get it in dfferant sizes. auto part stores like pepboys have it real cheap like 5-10 bucks (i herd that from someone else on this forum).

i would do a seach. you will find a lots of pics and info on threads that have already been posted.

good luck, let us know what color you decide to go with and post pics of the finished product.

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What exactly do they call it at those stores? I searched both for rim tape and no dice...

If they definately do have it, i might get some today and work on it

I think blue on just your back rim would go with your scheme

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
What exactly do they call it at those stores? I searched both for rim tape and no dice...

If they definately do have it, i might get some today and work on it

I think blue on just your back rim would go with your scheme
thanks for the tip, i was thinking the same thing, i might do it. if i can get it for $5 at pepboys what do i got to lose.

here is were i read on where to get the thinner (stock size) from an auto parts place.................
http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58848

this is the guy who posted it. i believe thats what he used. you can see it on his bike, which is f-ing sick looking.

his name is....... zyre2503 check it out maybe even pm him and ask.
if you get anymore info off of him let me know.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Another question kinda on topic. I have a raven 06 r6s and was wondering what rim color tape would look best on my bike? Any suggestions?

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
heres a crapy quick photo edit. i drew the rim tape on thats way is looks a little swirly.
let me know what you think.

i was going to polish the lips on the rims but i think this might look better, be easier, and cheaper.

you think i should leave the front wheel alone and just do the blue tape on the rear?
or do both blue or differant color?
or just leave them with no rim tape?

·
Dual 6's
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
went to my local yamaha kaw honda shop and picked up the tape... it comes with a nifty gizmo to put it on, spaced out and stuff... cost 13$

blue tape btw... no silver or white and the yellow looked a lil crazy

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts