Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not YZF related, but Indian Larry died yesterday while doing his famous stand on the seat trick. It developed a wobble and he was unable to save it. He fell off the back and cracked his skull. He wasn't wearing a helmet.

RIP Indian Larry. WEAR YOUR GEAR!!!

[/url]

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Ya, heard about it the other day. he was doing a Christ at a bike show and fell and was in a coma before they pulled the plug. but thems the risks when you do that shit without a helmet.

i will say though that he built some cool and unique choppers. he didn't just assemble them like some other places like OCC that shall remain nameless.

he was a old school builder and an old school rider stuck in a new modern world!

RIP Larry! Cruise down that perfect stretch of highway and do your tricks until the endless pavement runs out!

·
Registered
712 Posts
That's really sad news....Indian Larry was truly an icon to the world of custom bike/chopper building. This man was a legend and whether or not you are into choppers, this man deserves respect...

About the risks he took, he never feared the what ifs...what if i wreck, what if i fall....he was a big believer in the old saying, "when it's your time, IT'S YOUR TIME." I heard him say once that he knows that his number would be called one day and that it was predetermined...whether or not it was to be on a bike or crossing the street, death did not scare indian larry.

RIP

·
I Spank My R6
208 Posts
Wow very sad to hear...has anyone seen any video of this crash, I have a friend that I work with that does the same stunt that I would like to show.

God Speed Larry

·
Banned
786 Posts
as it is tattooed on his neck "No fear", that's how he lived with no fear, doing what he enjoyed.......he will surely be missed by those that knew him and those that wish they could have......Ride on Larry...

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Wow I am taken aback by this news.
I only knew Larry from the chopper shows in Discovery Channel
and my from dad's buddy who have met him a few times at a bike get together a years back at Hollister, CA.

He says that he is a great guy to hang around with.

R.I.P. Larry.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Godspeed Indian Larry.........

it always sucks when a community looses an icon.....even though it wasn't a sport rider he was still a RIDER.....ride on Indian Larry, ride on.......

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think it was caught on video... It was at 3:45 in the morning and I hadn't heard anything about video, but who knows...

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I knew of Indian Larry long before he was famous or on the Discovery channel. I knew of him from an old chopper magazine called Iron Horse. He made the old school hard core choppers that I love. For those of you that don't know, I have a Triumph hardtail chopper and I'm currently building (was supose to be helping) my Bro a BSA chopper. The only other guy that I like is Billy Lane of Choppers Inc. The rest of these "coontail" billet dripping bullshit choppers are a joke! Chopppers use to be just that; made in someone's garage and made of used parts and fabricated pieces. The paint job came from a can of Krylon spray paint. If I ever see the guys from OCC I'm going to run over to them, stick my fingers down my throat and puke on them! :throwup Indian Larry was one of the best if not the best.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts