Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,

Bay Area guy here. I own a paint company called MotoGloss in the Bay Area and I recently upgrade my race/track bike to this gorgeous R6, and thought I would put a build thread of what I'm doing to it here for you guys to follow.

I previously had a CBR and used it as a promo bike for my company, as I will with this bike. But don't take this thread as any of that promo stuff. I'm not here to get any business from this thread, I just want to show you all what I'm doing to the bike.

Previous bike:

So follow along in my journey! I'll try to update as much as I can, but its hard as i'm busy as hell! :cheers

WHAT IT HAS:

- Armour Bodies bodywork
- GPR V4
- CRG Levers
- Full Leo Vince TI exhaust
- Bazzaz with QS & TC dynoed by Fastline.
- ECU flashed
- Stock slipper clutch has been cut to allow more slip and less engine braking.
- DID RV3 Chain and 14/43 sprockets
- Zero Gravity Corsa Windscreen
- AGG Racing Block-Off Plates
- Custom Paint by MotoGloss
- Tank Sliders
- Speigler Braided Lines
- Vesrah RJL-XX brake pads
- EBC front rotors
- Woodcraft case covers
- Woodcraft clipons
- Woodcraft Rear Sets
- K-tech front 25mm cartridges
- K-tech DDS Lite rear shock
- Moton Pro Revolver Throttle
- 2012 engine with a SS Build by Catalyst Reaction Tuning

STILL TO GET:

- BMC Filter

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First things up, get all the street crap off the bike!

Then it was full Leo TI exhaust. This exhaust was used on a 2010 Race bike from last year. If you look at the other thread I posted about the Captain America bike...it was on the Black bike in that thread.

Then a Power Commander III USB. I got a good deal on this and couple pass it up. I want the PCV but i'll use this for now.

I tapped into the Blue wire in the ECU not with the t-wire tap, but with a soldering gun. I heard so much about how the wire taps fail that I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. You will also see I put a male/female connector in line on the gray wire so that I can unplug the PC if I wanted to.

I just cut a little of the rubber off the blue wire to access it and to tap into it

All soldered up!

Nice and tidy

Next up, bodywork!

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a set of Armour Bodies since it comes so clean and cut that you don't have to do anything to it to get it to mount up perfectly!

Tail:

Everything else! Easy!

I did have a problem tho! The guy I bought the bike from (who is the racer in the Captain America thread) said that he used a cheap chinese knockoff fairing stay on this bike to put it back together. This is the result of that!

Broke when I went to tighten down the fairing stay mounts that come with Armour Bodies. I used glue to get it to temporarily stay while i fitted the bodywork, but now the fairing stay is coming off and my buddy is going to weld on some reinforcements onto these mounts to help them.

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now i just need a paint scheme for it! I have a pretty good idea of the colors im going to use but still dont know about design yet! Colors: OEM Blue (cause I don't want to repaint the tank and its an awesome color), and NEON red!

·
Track=Cocaine
13,515 Posts
Nice! I'm in the middle of a build too! Should be painting tomorrow!

Check out my build thread if you're interested...

:cheers

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I put some crappy backup fairings on the bike last friday and rode it at Thunderhill Raceway to get the feel of the bike over my CBR, and oh what a difference! Now with the exhaust and PC, I can only imagine what the difference is gonna be now!

·
Track=Cocaine
13,515 Posts
Hit up John @ Lawless Motorsports or Justin at AGG Racing for some Fren Tubos! Great quality brakelines! Should have gone with Bazzaz ZFI and AFM for this track bike...

Looks great so far though! That Leo system is SWEET!

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hit up John @ Lawless Motorsports or Justin at AGG Racing for some Fren Tubos! Great quality brakelines! Should have gone with Bazzaz ZFI and AFM for this track bike...

Looks great so far though! That Leo system is SWEET!

I eventually will go with Bazzaz, but I'm not that good or fast yet to use that stuff, so i'll stick to the basics now and progress with this :lmao

·
Track=Cocaine
13,515 Posts
I eventually will go with Bazzaz, but I'm not that good or fast yet to use that stuff, so i'll stick to the basics now and progress with this :lmao
I hear ya... Most of my investments for my track build were for protection of the bike, Woodcraft Engine Covers, Shark fin, Armour Bodies, etc.

Picked up a few things I was going to hold off on though when I found sweet deals, like the Ohlins damper and such...

Good luck with the build! :cheers

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I hear ya... Most of my investments for my track build were for protection of the bike, Woodcraft Engine Covers, Shark fin, Armour Bodies, etc.

Picked up a few things I was going to hold off on though when I found sweet deals, like the Ohlins damper and such...

Good luck with the build! :cheers
ya, protection first, then Go-Fast parts. Well, its gotta look good in pictures too, so a bad ass paint scheme is FIRST! :YEA

·
Registered
172 Posts
I like the choice of colors. I'm doing satin black and neon red (build thread to come) but I've always liked bright (or dark) blue and neon red (I painted my auto helmet like that).

Any renderings of the design yet?

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like the choice of colors. I'm doing satin black and neon red (build thread to come) but I've always liked bright (or dark) blue and neon red (I painted my auto helmet like that).

Any renderings of the design yet?
Not yet. I'm horrible with photoshop, but my good buddy is doing a mock up and should be done shortly. Maybe by the end of tomorrow, we'll see!

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,431 Posts
Nice! Which part of the Bay are you in?

·
Track Junkie
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What series are you racing in?
Not racing yet, but if I do, it will be AFM (American Federation of Motorcycles) in the Clubman Middleweight class, and possible 600 Production :cheers

1 - 20 of 286 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.