Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just trying to to decide on where to do my next trackday.
I could do barber again or try road atlanta, I do like barber, and will go there again but I would also like to try something new.

Anyone been to road atlanta? Is the track as bad as I hear it is?

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Never been to either, but I plan to hit both by end of the year.

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
I love Road A. It's FAST. Can't wait to go back! I'll be doing the DiSalvo school there this year.
I always ride barber cause I'm so close. But I agree with Ramm... I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?[/QUOTE]

I am looking at going with Nesba on 6/23 6/24.
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
[QUOTE I can't wait to do Road Atl again. Its an awesome crazy fast track. Who you doing it with? And when?
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for VIR but Barber is no where near the speeds of Road Atlanta. It is technical in a way of blind turns. The turns themselves aren't very technical...if that makes sense?

Road Atlanta (if you get a decent drive out of T7) you will top your bike out. Also, turn 1 off the front straight your suspension is under so much load it feels like your bike is going to bottom out and the G's push down on your body. Cool feeling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well then I guess I will have a go at RA in June, It sounds like it should be a "cool feeling"

Anyone have any R6 vids on youtube from RA?

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
When you say crazy fast, is there any part of Barber or VIR full that is close to the same type of pace? I like going fast but prefer technical tracks more.

Can't speak for VIR but Barber is no where near the speeds of Road Atlanta. It is technical in a way of blind turns. The turns themselves aren't very technical...if that makes sense?

Road Atlanta (if you get a decent drive out of T7) you will top your bike out. Also, turn 1 off the front straight your suspension is under so much load it feels like your bike is going to bottom out and the G's push down on your body. Cool feeling.
I like the back straight and topping the bike out. I would be doing that weekend too with NESBA. You would love road Atl. Turns 3-8 is pretty technical. Gotta get those right to flow thru with ease and quickness.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
yea, like salt said... it really depends on what you're looking for. fast and loose, go road atlanta. if you want clean, smooth and technical... go barber. :fact

oh, and some of y'all suck at quoting. ;)

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
yea, like salt said... it really depends on what you're looking for. fast and loose, go road atlanta. if you want clean, smooth and technical... go barber. :fact

Nick broke it. :lmao

I was lazy and didn't fix it for him.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
road atlanta is one of the coolest tracks in the united states! i've ridden a bunch. it's in my top 3. going down into t-10 is insane!

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts

Fixed... Yea, Nick broke it and I was lazy and on my phone.

I gotta get out there to some of those Texas tracks. Anything near Houston? I got friends out that way. It's freakin' HOT out there though...

road atlanta is one of the coolest tracks in the united states! i've ridden a bunch. it's in my top 3. going down into t-10 is insane!
I wasn't ready for the drop after going under the bridge. I had no idea it was that steep my first time there. Videos just don't do it justice. But it is my 2nd favorite track - only behind Barber due to the awesomeness of the facilities and convienient location for me. I wish Barber was longer though. they've been talking about lengthening it for a while now. Wish they would do it. Maybe after they build this 2nd museum building.

But my vote is to definitely try Road Atlanta. I'll see you there! And Ramm - I wish I could come out there again in Aug with STT (Im already sweating thinking about the heat in Aug). MotoGP @ Indy is that weekend and the wifey says she will finally let me go this year. Every year it's fallen on my anniversary for Sep 1st and finally it didn't but we gonna do this and celebrate early. And that Disalvo school sounds awesome. Heard good things about it. Awesome price in comparison with other schools, but I can't budget it this year. I'll probably just do Bargy this year at Tally.

·
Derp
1,308 Posts
Fixed... Yea, Nick broke it and I was lazy and on my phone.

I gotta get out there to some of those Texas tracks. Anything near Houston? I got friends out that way. It's freakin' HOT out there though...

I wasn't ready for the drop after going under the bridge. I had no idea it was that steep my first time there. Videos just don't do it justice. But it is my 2nd favorite track - only behind Barber due to the awesomeness of the facilities and convienient location for me. I wish Barber was longer though. they've been talking about lengthening it for a while now. Wish they would do it. Maybe after they build this 2nd museum building.

But my vote is to definitely try Road Atlanta. I'll see you there! And Ramm - I wish I could come out there again in Aug with STT (Im already sweating thinking about the heat in Aug). MotoGP @ Indy is that weekend and the wifey says she will finally let me go this year. Every year it's fallen on my anniversary for Sep 1st and finally it didn't but we gonna do this and celebrate early. And that Disalvo school sounds awesome. Heard good things about it. Awesome price in comparison with other schools, but I can't budget it this year. I'll probably just do Bargy this year at Tally.
Them Texas boys are fast. :fact

Hey check out GSB, they have a group thing going for the Bargey school. You'll save some money if you hop in with them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[QUOTE=Saltman

But my vote is to definitely try Road Atlanta. I'll see you there! And Ramm -

So, what group do you guys ride in A or I? My first time at RA, so I will stay in I group, but will do A the next time I am at Barber.

When would be a wise to time to book those two days for RA, I was thinking of next week.

·
pin it to win it
8,081 Posts
Have you considered Atlanta Motorsports Park?
It'll never open

What's more beginner friendly, barber or road A? I did my first day at Jennings and really want to do another ASAP. I've always liked the looks of barber and road A looks fast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts