Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Me and my Yellow R6
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and couldnt find any thread about road rash after a crash and how to take care of it...

can any shed some light on this topic ?

I did not clean my road rash throughly I think... and 6 weeks later...

The area where I had road rash on my knees.. the skin is a kind of dark purplish color.. is this normal ? or is it infected ? should I seek medical help ?
I would not want my leg to be amputated for being stupid...
see below for a pic of it before and after...

I am sure we have experts on this topic.. please let me know..

Thanks..

Attachments

·
Ultimate Procrastinator
146 Posts
It's just scar tissue man, that area on top of your shin isn't very vascular so it doesn't get a very good supply of blood. Hence why scar tissue for say, on your arm, is pink, it's got a good supply of blood to it and it gives it that pink color.

·
My R6 eats Ninjas.
749 Posts
Looks like just about every scar I have on my body. :laugh
:stupic Thats not bad at all its just how scars heal up. I've had road rash from bombing hills on a longboard where i had to pick out the gravel and rocks after it has healed. you'll be perfectly fine.

·
To Infinity.. and BEYOND!
1,681 Posts
Nah ur good. When in doubt, use hydrogen peroxide. But looks normal to me. Only should worry if it itches or its red & swollen around it, & obviously if u have puss coming out of it. Just gota remember that when its healing, the skin around the wound looks like its shrinking, but thats just ur shit healing up :laugh

·
This is bat country!
1,870 Posts
It looks normal to me. You'll have a scar.

Most important thing to look for is that you don't have cellulitis setting in since you didn't clean it well. From the pic, it looks ok. Cellulitis symptoms start with the wound feeling abnormally hot, like you can feel the heat coming off your skin without touching it. Then swelling and pain starts setting in. Cellulitis can be some bad shit if not taken care of early.

·
Sherman Connoisseur
26,451 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts