Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was scary as shit. Very cold, water going in thru the vents in my helmet and jacket, bike moving around more. SUCKED. Didn't intend on it but ended up getting caught in some nasty rain after bike night. I don't get why some people ride in the rain but more props to you. Anyway, just sharing an experience.:sing

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts
I don't mind the rain to much. Once it start pooling up in the ruts in the road is when I decide to pull over and wait it out.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I don't mind the rain to much. Once it start pooling up in the ruts in the road is when I decide to pull over and wait it out.
:werd

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have pulled over but my buddy and I were already on the highway, it was dark and there was no telling when it was going to stop. Damn Washington weather. :yuk: I'll be glad when I leave this place.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I've ridden through rain many many times...definitely not my most favorite thing to do.

First time being caught in the rain was a "20%" chance during my 3 hour commute while moving...guess that was a pretty solid 20% since i got caught for 2 hours in it haha

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
very cold?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
My worst ride in the rain was in feb of 08... Hit a thunderstorm 20 minutes in to my two and a half hour ride from Raleigh back to to the coast. It was about 38 degrees out, at night and I'd only been riding for about a month. Had to get back to base though and a 2.5 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip because the rain was so hard I couldn't see my speedometer. My goretex froze to the seat and tank and my gloves froze to the grips. That sucked so bad.

Since then I don't mind the rain as long as it's warm

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My worst ride in the rain was in feb of 08... Hit a thunderstorm 20 minutes in to my two and a half hour ride from Raleigh back to to the coast. It was about 38 degrees out, at night and I'd only been riding for about a month. Had to get back to base though and a 2.5 hour trip turned into a 5 hour trip because the rain was so hard I couldn't see my speedometer. My goretex froze to the seat and tank and my gloves froze to the grips. That sucked so bad.

Since then I don't mind the rain as long as it's warm
Damn, that sucks bro. I bet the gate guards were looking at you like WTF? That was kind of my predicament, had to get back on post, luckily my ride only took about 20 min.

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts

·
I'd Flip it :popcorn:
16,745 Posts
I like riding in the rain every so often, I don't shower so it is nice to clean myself every once in a while....................but really it is not that bad, try living in Missouri, weather changes every 10 min

·
Premium Member
20,432 Posts
Am I the only jackass that cant resist breaking the rear tire loose at 60 MPH?

lol... im just used to the feel from racing dirtbikes... doesnt scare me a bit
I've slipped the clutch a few times playing around. It is when you are not expecting it to break loose that the pucker factor goes up.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts