Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend of mine just bought an 06 gixxer 1000. Its in perfect condition, red and black with 1,300 miles which he picked up for 7 OTD. He only got the bike to sell it since it was a good deal, so it'll be for sale in a couple weeks but all i can say is those liter bikes are stupid fast...I've always thought i didnt want a liter bike, and now i know for certain i dont want one lol. At around 3 grand i could just turn the throttle and there was absolutely no hesitation at all, it would just bite and take off like a raped ape. Thing was crazy. I took it to about 9 or 10 in second gear and decided that was enough and just cruised in 4th. Me being a shorter rider (5'8) it was nice to be able to flat foot the thing, but wow did it feel like a boat to turn. It felt like it was just falling through the turns where as my six will just glide through them. I also didnt like how far up the rearsets felt, just seemed like my knees were pushed up too high, which also could just be for the gixxers. Not a bad bike, but just not for me i guess!

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
my buddy just picked up a brand new 08 gsxr 1000. its nice, but i would take the R1 over that without even haven to think about it. he just got it a week or so ago. so its a bit soon to ask to test it out. i sat on it thats about it, i've never rode a 1000cc before, but it sounds like fun. as far as an every day rider you might be right.

i'll tell you one thing...... i know its fast as hell because i got a decent amout of stuff done to mine and i cant even attempt to keep up with him. i think i got him in the twisties though...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
contrary to popular belief, a paint job DOESN'T actually increase power. damn tabloids!

jk bro, i'm sure he's a decent rider. out-turn him instead! kill him with improved fuel economy and lower insurance rates! baa!

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
I wouldn't mind riding a 1000 someday, until then my 6 will do just fine.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'd like to ride one in the future but for now my R6 is more then enough. :D

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that ive ridden one i dont need to again haha...the 600/750 is where im at

For the guys that havnt ridden them, when you do, post up with what you think! And adrenaline, you better post up within the next week haha. Hopefully you'll feel the same way i do!

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
Thus far, I've never ridden a litre bike that I like as much as the R6. I've riding a couple of R1s and I owned a 954RR as my main bike before I upgraded to my R6. There's just an obsene amount of pleasure and ease in riding an R6, both straight out and through the twisties. Even in the city, turning is a no-brainer. On my CBR, too much effort required (granted - it helps to avoid dropping because your just so careful - nothing can ever surprise you) but all things considered, the R6 is where the fun is at for me. I don't really need to go 300km/h - and my R6 can do 270/280 so I've got the goods if I ever want to gamble.

I don't think I'll be going back to a litre anytime soon - and if I do, the R1 is the only one that even comes close to 600-like fun.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
jk bro, i'm sure he's a decent rider. out-turn him instead! kill him with improved fuel economy and lower insurance rates! baa!
with the state farm, its cheaper the bigger the engine... here in tx anyways... dont really understand that one.

·
Twist....
59 Posts
i always thought id be a 600cc rider until my friend wrecked my r6. i decided to turn my r6 into a track bike and bought an 05 zx10r for the street. it accelerates like a bullet and its addictive as hell. i really like 600's but i absolutely love the raw power of the 10R. dont regret it for a second.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts