Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 R6 with full Yoshimura exhaust, Ivans carb kit and 40/35 mm Factory Pro valocity stacks. Where Is a good starting point to set my Rohm ingintion advance at?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Y2kYamR6 said:
I have a 2000 R6 with full Yoshimura exhaust, Ivans carb kit and 40/35 mm Factory Pro valocity stacks. Where Is a good starting point to set my Rohm ingintion advance at?
I know Factory Pro has gotten their best results with +4 degrees (according to the email they sent me when I inquired about their ignition advancers).

email below

----- Original Message -----
To: Mike
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: Ignition Advance

Slip the stax in - you will :) !

$55 for the advance - Call 800 869-0497 if you'd like it sent out to you -

Cheers!

Marc

Mike wrote:

Marc, thanks for the reply. I have V-Stax already but have yet to install them. What is the price for the +4 advance?

Thanks again,

Mike
----- Original Message -----
To: Mike
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: Ignition Advance

On a stock engine the +4 advance adds 1-2 True hp - I'm not sure what this is in djhp - but - it should still show up as more than a hp -
We made some 2 and 6's - 2 is better than stock and 6 is too much for best power - 4 is better than 2.
So...... 4 is best -
The V Stax are even a bigger improvement -

Marc

Mike wrote:

Question concerning your ignition advance for a 2003+ R6. How many degrees of advance are available and what are the adjustment increments? And how much are the units?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
oh ya, i forgot the most important thing! welcome to our neck of the woods! anything other questions you have, we can try to answer as well or point you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.