Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I really wanna do a track day sometime soon im in central NJ... i dont have a leather suit yet or racing boots so i need to get both of those things beforehand quite obviously

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
I really wanna do a track day sometime soon im in central NJ... i dont have a leather suit yet or racing boots so i need to get both of those things beforehand quite obviously
All you need is tall leather boots like timbs or docs, gauntlet gloves,a snell rated helmet, and a dream. :fact Most track day orgs will rent you a suit.

DAMN!! I just checked the weather and Sunday is not supposed to rain and it's gonna be 57 down there.. Now if I could only scrounge the $230 fee! I'll be doin a couple weekends in April, but this weekend isn't lookin good for me. I WILL try and sell some parts on here tonight tho, and maybe that will pay for my day, so I'll say maybe!

Are you going for the whole weekend?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it looks like the afternoon sessions might be good with a balmy 48 degrees! I'll be there on Saturday. Where do you pit? I'll come over and introduce my self

·
Dangerously Irish
9,552 Posts
someone shoot me alink to this place, I found a tack in jersey I wanted to check out. But for the life of me I forgot the website and the class prices.

·
my japanese sex rocket!
271 Posts
Damn, i knew i should have went home to NJ this weekend. I got off work till april 4th... i MIGHT be there.

·
Out there riding..
374 Posts
Wish I could be there. Didn't sign up because I expected it to be too cold! Thought I might make it on May 23.

New bike, work to do on it, all these NESBA credits...what to do, what to do...

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Damn, both days are full. I'll sign up for the waiting list for Sunday and cross my fingers. I'm so pissed right now!!! I was callin people to go and everything. I didn't even think it would be full.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Anyone know how long ago this sold out? How far in advance do you guys suggest signing up for these days? I hate committing far in advance for anything, but if I have to I will. LOL

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
With NESBA, try and get in at least 3 weeks in advance. I hate sold out days though, that Absolute day was eeeempty.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
With NESBA, try and get in at least 3 weeks in advance. I hate sold out days though, that Absolute day was eeeempty.
I know. But damn, what happens if it rains, you gotta run rain tires and suck it up or you gotta buy the event insurance and only lose some $$? Or can you just switch days. I'm on all the sites now, so I'm tryin to figure out the deal. It's a lot of $$ to be puttin out far in advance ya know?

·
My R6 eats you.
7,565 Posts
Eh, I've done it for 12 TD's and counting and no rain yet. Personally, if it did rain, I'd buy rain tires from the vendor and ride.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Eh, I've done it for 12 TD's and counting and no rain yet. Personally, if it did rain, I'd buy rain tires from the vendor and ride.
I'd ride the rain too. I imagine it would be expensive for the rain tires tho :(

·
Searching and lurking...
24 Posts
Rain tires are about what a set of trackday tires will cost you - ~$350. You don't NEED to run rain tires in the wet. I used to run Michelin PP 2CTs on my 1000RR in the rain and they were really good in the wet. Don't fear running in the rain - it'll teach you how to be smooth on the brakes and throttle.

However, COLD and RAIN sucks monkey balls.

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
I'm down to come and spectate this weekend... Not ready to hop on the track yet... Do I need to buy tickets or what? To come and spectate?

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
****in sweet! See you there Colin... How far for us to get there from our area? What days you racing?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts