Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this a few years back, and the other day at bike night, I saw some guy do it again.

He basically rolled into a parking spot front first. Then he put down the kickstand, got off the bike. Then he tilted the entire bike until the only thing that was touching the ground was the kickstand. He then rotated the bike around 180 degrees with the kickstand and him being the only thing that was holding the bike up.

It looked pretty cool, but that can't be good for the damn kickstand. Anybody do this or have seen this before?

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
do it all the time, actually. ONce you get the bike on the balance point, it just spins. I always put my foot up against the kickstand tho, so that it doesn't collapse somehow.

I was even told by the dealership when I bought it that the kickstand was heavy enough to handle it. then again, it is only 350 pounds....

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
ok here's how ya do it....

stand on the side of the bike the kick stand is on....

turn the handlebars all the way towards you (to the left)...

grab the grip with your left hand....

grab the tail section on the other side of the bike and right behind the pilot's seat....

tilt the bike back till the wheels are off the ground and walk it around...

you might want to stand kind of close to the bike so you can use your legs to catch the bike if it falls....

have fun and don't drop it cuz like my buddy Pen said 350lbs. is heavy as hell

·
Registered
501 Posts
I do it all the time also. It looks cool and everyone around thinks its cool and laugh at your buddies that strugle backing the bike out. Except for i have my left hand on the handle bar and my right hand on the subframe, it works easier that way for me.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,812 Posts
sometimes i glance down at the kickstand and see that thing flex. then i get thoughts of the kiskstand snapping into 2 pieces and i have 400lbs of bike landing on my leg. it never happend yet. just had thoughts about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's how I do it. Turn bars to the right and the bike is centered on the stand just use the bars and it swings around easily. This has helped out a lot since I’m short but still like to keep a little pride when leaving my parking spot when sloped.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I just pick my bike up and turn it, then set it back down. :drink

No, i rotate it all the time on the kickstand. I just hang onto the clip-ons and pull up towards me on the outside one, and it will just start to spin. I like holding both clip-ons, have more grip and better control if something happens..

Anyone else think the OEM kickstand is weak?? Mine wobbles all over the place when i do it!! Hasn't broke yet though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.