Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
i think with the galfer you would save about 1 pound per in the front and about the same in the rear.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I dont know about a pound per rotor, but you will save weight and shaving unsprung pounds is ALWAYS good. My buddy here in Sacramento at CTS moto makes some awesome looking and performing kick ass rotors. Just look up CTS moto online and give them a call.

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
I have the Chinese wave rotors, I only have the front and they are 1lb per rotor lighter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know about a pound per rotor, but you will save weight and shaving unsprung pounds is ALWAYS good. My buddy here in Sacramento at CTS moto makes some awesome looking and performing kick ass rotors. Just look up CTS moto online and give them a call.
looked on their but i guess their still getting up and running couldnt find anything.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Galfers may or may not save any weight. That's really not what the wave-cut is supposed to do. The wave-cut is to help with cooling. It usually saves a little weight, but not always.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
actually, weight savings is one of the things that galfer does list as a benefit for their wave rotors. There is an interview floating around with the president of Galfer talking about the benefits of wave rotors. Another benefit they list is the better cooling through greater gas evacuation from the rotor/pad contact area, which yields higher resistance to brake fading. Another important benefit is better feel and initial brake bite. This gives you better brake modulation and more precise actuation, and a very slightly stiffer brake lever feel. Then they also look cool too.

And the CTS Moto site is not up and running yet, but you can call them through the contact us information. you can see what their rotors look like on their page. I have seen them in person and they are bad ass. Charlie down there at CTS is an awesome guy too. He may even be into doing a group buy, but I haven't talked to him about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts