Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

2005 R6, 39,000km on it

Last November I installed a Olson Shorty pipe. Put it away for winter (Fuel stab, full tank). Spring came around I installed a PC3 I found on the internet for cheap and installed a remap (Started with the Two Bros, I think the Level One is better though)

Okay so, bike pulls through the powerband great, no flat spots, warms up fine and is generally good. Except once she's at temperature (between 70-90c) at idle she bogs hard - sometimes stalls. I looked it up and apparently it could be the Throttle Position Sensor, so I got electrical contact cleaner and cleaned it a bunch. With my white lines on the side of the TPS lined up I get 14-92 throttle range in Diag mode.

This seems off. I adjusted it to 17-95 by way of tilting the TPS off its original position.

I have the bike checked in for Valves and a Throttle Body Sync at Yamaha (I could do the Throttle Body but Valves are a little in depth past my amateur mechanics)

I haven't had the Valves checked since I bought the bike a year ago so I'm hoping those two things will straighten her out but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? It is driving me nuts and very recently has begun trying to stall/actually stalling at traffic lights which is a nightmare.

Thanks guys

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Dude, your bike is fine. The map is garbage for your bike and your A/F ratio is probably way off for idle. Get a dyno tune and you'll be fine. Those stock maps are COMPLETE trash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude, your bike is fine. The map is garbage for your bike and your A/F ratio is probably way off for idle. Get a dyno tune and you'll be fine. Those stock maps are COMPLETE trash.
So I thought about that and went to play with my PC3 settings at idle to see if I could balance out the idle. I couldn't, but I went for a ride anyway, bumped into a chap (not literally) on an old Ducati, absolutely immaculate, beautiful specimen and he takes my business card promising to text me as a friend of his in town is a bike builder/fanatic who has his own Dyno in his basement.

Here's hoping!!

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Nice. If your bike was newer I would suggest the Bazzaz AFM so you can make your own map, but a free basement dyno never hurt anyone.

·
FL Brit
195 Posts
I have the same thing with a Yoshimura R55 full exhaust and PC5, got the map from Dynajet for this exact exhaust. Bike has < 1200miles. The idle is a little jumpy, only by 100rpm either way but enough to be noticeable.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I have the same thing with a Yoshimura R55 full exhaust and PC5, got the map from Dynajet for this exact exhaust. Bike has < 1200miles. The idle is a little jumpy, only by 100rpm either way but enough to be noticeable.
I'm gonna refer you to my first post.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I have the exact same problem. Did you ever fix yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts