Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never ending problems with this bike... Just as the title says, the bike has a rough idle, and then it stalls. Please for gods sake no one say "adjust you idle control knob". Been there and done than 8 billion times. The bike also studders every now and then during the mid rpm range and over the bike has less power than normal. I just recently changed out my old denso ignition coils for new ones from ronayers and new plugs (just a few minutes ago i took everything apart and checked the new plugs and coils and they look fine). And i've had the bike apart and i've checked EVERY single connection. i've also checked the throttle bodies and there snug. I'm not throwing any codes and just for giggles i went into diagnostic mode and cleared the faults. I also ran all the diagnostics on all systems and got nothing.

What else could cause this.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
Ummmm, STDs can cause blockage? :lmao

Sounds like a fuel problem mang

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its really only at low rpms. if there is a blockage it would be block though out the rpm range...

?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
its really only at low rpms. if there is a blockage it would be block though out the rpm range...

?
Blockage on the injectors unless is really bad and you've never cleaned them or ran some injector cleaner through the system, it would only affect low range.

For that to affect the full rpm range it would have to be really bad blockage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about valve adjustment? Arent i supposed to do that at 16k miles?

·
addicted to track
137 Posts
I've got the same problem. From my research and talking to my friend who owns a bike shop I'm pretty sure its the throttle position sensor. It seems that it can be taken off/cleaned/ re-adjusted for a temporary fix but the problem will probably come back so the best thing is probably to replace it. I'm not sure how to adjust it. If anyone knows how please let me know. Is there any way to adjust it without a circuit tester?

·
Draggin knee's
969 Posts
Mine idles like a piece of crap but ONLY at low temperatures when i first turn my bike on!! Once i get it up past 70 degrees ( remember i have Canadian temp gauge so i dont know what 70 degrees is to others in the states or what not ) it runs perfect after 70+. Whats my problem!!!??? lol

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
I've got the same problem. From my research and talking to my friend who owns a bike shop I'm pretty sure its the throttle position sensor. It seems that it can be taken off/cleaned/ re-adjusted for a temporary fix but the problem will probably come back so the best thing is probably to replace it. I'm not sure how to adjust it. If anyone knows how please let me know. Is there any way to adjust it without a circuit tester?
yes, you can use the guages actually. download the service manual. it's in the chapter about the FI system.

I'd type it out for you but it would take me a 1/2 hour and probably confuse you instead(my fault not yours):D

http://www.r6central.com/forums/r6-maintenance-technical/611-r6-service-manuals-documentation.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts